Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi yeah i own a 307 hdi 02, the original speakers are broke and only play music up to a low level output..if i try and turn my music up then the speakers just make a crackeling sound:( , i do have a 1200watt bass box which im thinking of fitting it in myself, would it be a good idea to just disconnect all the original speakers and then fit my bass box for the only form of loud sound??

G

·
That'd be ideal if all you want to hear is bass and nothing else!

Just upgrade the speakers, really easy to fit and coupled with a sub + amp they sound great

The only ones i havent upgraded in mine are the tweeters at the front as i didnt see the point, sounds great when cranked up! :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
upgrading the speakers was my first thought- but im trying not to spend money on new ones as i have a bass box, but as u said it won't sound to good with just the bass so i guess il have to just buy new speakers! now can i fit the new speakers myself? I really dont wanna pay some1 to do a simple job!!:thumb:

G

·
If you are comfortable cutting off the old connectors and connecting the new wires yourself then you should be fine, just use a small terminal box, you used to be able to get wiring adapters but not sure if they do them for the 307

The actual speaker installation is easy, the ones I had were a direct fit, not sure on the sizes but think fronts are 17cm and rear (if you are 5 door) are 13cm, anyone care to confirm that?

Hope this helps :)

G

·
I'd reccomend it yeah, that way its only four screws you have to mess with

If you get different sizes you'll have to get a speaker fitment adapter and its more trouble than its worth!

Most the speakers in halfords etc are standard size anyway!

Not sure where the rear speakers are in a 3 door though so cant advise you on that bit unfortunately, might be a bit trickier to fit!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stubbo said:
I'd reccomend it yeah, that way its only four screws you have to mess with

If you get different sizes you'll have to get a speaker fitment adapter and its more trouble than its worth!

Most the speakers in halfords etc are standard size anyway!

Not sure where the rear speakers are in a 3 door though so cant advise you on that bit unfortunately, might be a bit trickier to fit!
great advise mate nice one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts