Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. If I chose the wrong thread you can delete de post.
One question related to the headlamps I have struggling to find out. Have a 2006 207 that came with basic headlamps. I changed them to the ones with dipped beam and mâine beam/directional beam. After changing them I found out that the only bulbs that light up are the dipped beam and the turn signal ones. Is there any difference in the main connector? Do I have to change some wires?
Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The 207 has either standard or directional headlights. The main difference between the two is that the directional headlights have an extra bulb that turn on when you turn the steering wheel. The connector is the same but if you fit directional headlights to a car that had standard headlights they are unlikely to work properly. The bulbs that worked in the standard headlight should still work but the extra bulbs are unlikely to work because the car is not configured for them.

I have attached the wiring diagrams for both types of headlight. You can see that on the directional headlights pin 8 of the connector is used whereas is not used in the standard headlights. In practice there is likely to be a connection on pin 8 but for directional bulb to work there needs to be steering wheel angle sensor and directioanl headlights need to be configured in the BSI.

You should not confuse the term directional headlights with the automatic pointing system high intensity bulbs need. The dipped beam on the the 207 is already adjustable the "directional" headlights are actual static and just point out the side. Peugeot servicebox 207 wiring diagrams list discharge bulbs as one of the options but I have not looked into them or whether they were ever used on the 207.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I plugged the lights in, The projector functioned on low beam, The parker light wasnt working, the level motors worked, the blinkers worked, the corner lights wont work on my car as I dont have the wires in the harness, the high beam didnt work. So the headlight harness has to be rewired to make them work?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
There is a system used on some 207s that have a dynamic headlamp beam correction unit. I think this works with the high intensity dipped beam headlights and is intended to adjust the pointing as the car angle changes so as not to blind oncoming traffic. All appears to do is control the extra right and left static pointing headlights. It connects to pin 8 of the headlight cluster.

The pin connections for the parking lights and high beam are:
pin 2 parking lights
Pin 6 high beam
Pin 9 earth

The dipped beam has a different earth pin 4. The earth arrangement is different on the dynamic headlight system and I suspect there is an earth issue - pin 9 is probably not being earthed.

My concern is if you are using high intensity dipped beam headlights you don't have the dynamic pointing system.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I was just using led and halogen bulbs. I just checked my car harness Im missing wires 8 and 9. This may have something to do with it not working
All the wiring diagrams show that the parking lights, high beam and "static turning lights" are earthed via pin 9. The earth for the other lights is via pin 4. These are then connected externally. I think you old headlights must have had an internal connection. Anyway Pin 9 not being connected is probably why the parking lights and high beam don't work. The "static turn lights" are connected to pin 8 but it doesn't sound like your car is wired to use them. Note "static turning lights" are the extra headlights lights that turn on when you turn the steering wheel to the left or right.

However, one thing you should also be aware of is if the car was configured for tungsten filament parking lights it's likely that LEDs will not work. This is because the LED don't draw enough current and the BSI turns them off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am just wondering if I could place a pin in the plug to earth to see if that makes it work. I unplugged the harness from the car and there was a few live power wires. I was doing some reading and it mentioned that the headlight control is done via the bsi. Which makes sense. I put some normal bulbs into the housing so I think your definitely correct about the ground wire

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I am just wondering if I could place a pin in the plug to earth to see if that makes it work. I unplugged the harness from the car and there was a few live power wires. I was doing some reading and it mentioned that the headlight control is done via the bsi. Which makes sense. I put some normal bulbs into the housing so I think your definitely correct about the ground wire
Yes I am sure putting a pin in position 9 and connecting it to ground should fix your problem. There should be an earth point near each light that already connects to pin 4. The wiring diagrams show pin 9 being connected to the same point via a splice. I suspect your original headlights were an early design which Peugeot changed at some stage to give those bulbs and seperate earth. They may have found there was too much current for just one one earth.

Yes the BSI does control the lights. In fact the BSI control everything except the engine. However, the control of the lights is slightly more complicated. If you look at the wiring diagram for the lights you will see they get their power from PFS1 (engine compartment fuse box). PFS1 has its own processor which is connected to the BSI via a CAN bus.

In many cases when extra accessories are added at later date they need to be configured in the BSI. If you want the static headlights to work it looks like you need at the very least some extra wiring and the "dynamic headlamp beam correction unit" which would probably need configuring in the BSI.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah i think I have zero chance of getting the headlights i purchased working, I have ordered a kit from retrofitlabs and I'll make a projector headlight set from what I have. I might even take the projector out of the headlights I cant get working and use that for high beam and go dual projectors

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
yeah i think I have zero chance of getting the headlights i purchased working, I have ordered a kit from retrofitlabs and I'll make a projector headlight set from what I have. I might even take the projector out of the headlights I cant get working and use that for high beam and go dual projectors
Have you any data or specs on the headlights you purchased?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Before giving up try changing settings of lights via Diagbox. It has multiple choices defined (i switched to all of them trying to find proper settings for my led bulbs to work properly. I went all the way between not working at all, disco lights, works 3secs then dark...until i found proper setting!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I looked at the eBay listing and I see that it says the light clusters don't come with globes. What globes have you fitted?

EBay Listing:
"Head Light Assembly
Assembly = Lens & Body With Wirings and Globe Dust Cover
Supply Without Globes"

I have a attached the parts list for the basic (non-directional) 207 headlight cluster. You can see the two main globes are:
H7 12V 55W (high beam)
H1 12V 55W (dipped beam)
These are both halogen
The parking and turning light globes are: 12V-W5W and 12V-PY21W so are tungsten filament.

Did you ever try grounding pin 9? All wiring diagrams show pin 9 needs to be earthed for the high beam and parking lights to work. I don't know why your connector doesn't have a earth connection on pin 9.

Can you give me the RPO for your car it's on the lower part of the tyre pressure label near the driver's door hinge. In the example below the DAM/MAD number is 1035389 and the RPO number (date code) is the first part 10353. The 89 is the factor code.

Tire Automotive tire Gas Font Auto part

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before giving up try changing settings of lights via Diagbox. It has multiple choices defined (i switched to all of them trying to find proper settings for my led bulbs to work properly. I went all the way between not working at all, disco lights, works 3secs then dark...until i found proper setting!
I couldnt find anything apart from turning on cornering lights. Where do I look for the headlight option?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I fitted halogen bulbs and grounded pin 9. 12593 81 was my factor code
If both main globes are still Halogen then we should be able to get them working.

You DAM number gives a manufacture date of 2 May 2011 at Poissy, France. This means it's a quite late model. Putting the correct RPO into Peugeot Sevicebox still gives the same diagrams for the basic headlights. Clearly the Servicebox diagram for the basic headlights shows the wrong earthing arrangement. It looks like they are showing the earthing for the directional headlights (errors like this are common). Your new headlights are clearly intended as a replacement for the directional headlights. I think the only difference is the extra globe and the connections to pin 8 and 9.

Did you try grounding pin 9? If you are using the standard 55 Watt Halogen globes there is no need for any reconfiguration in the BSI. LEDs are often used for things like parking lights but if the car is designed for conventional globes the LEDs will not normally work in their place. On some cars it may be possible to change the BSI settings to accept LED replacements.

What I suggest you do is put a standard 5W tungsten filament globe in the parking light position of one of your new headlights and check the continuity between pin 2 and 9. If you haven't got a multimeter you can use a 9V battery which should have enough voltage to dimly light the globe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts