Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i have a 307 sw and living in crime ridden nottingham we have speed humps everywhere.

i have noticed that there is a clanking noise - not too metallic - but a definate click from both sides of the front when i go over humps.

on flat roads the problem isnt there.

had a hire car recently - only a little 208 and that made no noise whatsoever.

i have had the roll bar rods replaced a few months ago as a peugeot engineer told me one was rattling, so i got them both done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hi

i have a 307 sw and living in crime ridden nottingham we have speed humps everywhere.

i have noticed that there is a clanking noise - not too metallic - but a definate click from both sides of the front when i go over humps.

on flat roads the problem isnt there.

had a hire car recently - only a little 208 and that made no noise whatsoever.

I have had the roll bar rods replaced a few months ago as a peugeot engineer told me one was rattling, so i got them both done.

Welcome to my world ..... also living in Nottingham , also with a 307 sw , working for local authority and every council estate has speed bumps. I've had anti-roll bar links replaced twice . The rattle has come back but I'm living with it for now , getting fed up getting this problem sorted.

Good luck and let me know what you find. Sorry I can't help much more.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can you tell if its coming from the front or the back?

I found on my 307 sw, the rear shock boots had fallen out and down the shocks which created a bang over bumps. It was annoying and I figured out it must have been these as after each time I shoved them back into place, theyd fall out after a while or a bump in the road which was big enough. To fix, I cleaned the top of the boots (thick rubber) and the inner metal of the shock in which the boots would originally have been pressed into. I then hot-glued them into place. Hey presto, no more banging!

If its not that, check driveshafts perhaps? I had a van a year ago and one driveshaft was defective on this. Couldnt tell it was the driveshaft until months later but 2 garages/mechanics had a whirl at fixing the sound and never checked the driveshaft...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its deffo the front.

if i drop the speed right down there is nothing, but if i drive over the speedbumps at the usual speed its there.

and it is deffo coming from both sides, which is odd.

it also does it if i drive at speed down any sort of uneven road, banging either front left or right depending.

pete

·
5,812 Posts
I would also recommend looking at top mounts. Also double check the rack mounting bolts i had a knock from mine over speed bumps and found one rack bolt slightly loose which was allowing the rack to move a small amount and the mounting stud to knock on subframe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts