Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi how hard is it to do front bottom ball joint on 407 coupe as the bolts came out mine somehow and had to call green flag to get home any help would be much appreciated

·
2,754 Posts
Hi...sadly this has been mentioned on htis forum some time ago....I've replaced mine and found it straight forward.a grinder/dremel is needed..but locking fluid on the fixing bolts is a must...here's a clip (part1) follow to part 2.....

·
5,040 Posts
We've changed about a dozen on my 3 cars over the years and other members cars from Fb. We range between 1/2 an hour on my well maintained cars up to 6 hours on other less maintained cars. Biggest issue we've encountered was the torx bolts tightened to such extent every socket we had from 3 halfords set snapped resulting in having to cut the frip joint with a grinder. When you replace bolts make sure they have locking compound on them and tighten accordingly.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The genuine SFK part used to come with a full instruction book, although the one I bought in October didn't.

As you've found, you must apply locking compound to the bolts because they do fall out.

The latest hypothesis is that if the bush in the bottom of the suspension leg that connects to the wishbone is work then this shortens the lifetime of the bottom swivel joint.

I failed at getting the wishbone bolt out. As above, expect the inner race of the old joint to stick to the stub on the suspension leg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts