Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,new problem car runs on 225 45 17 alloys,just had 2 new tyre fitted and they were fitted to the rears which were then swapped to the front of the car and fronts put on back,problem is car now vibrates at 70mph through the steering wheel and steering wheel juddering when braking at the same speed but brake judder stops as soon as you get to 60mph,didnt do it when the wheels were the other way around,do you think it sounds like a balancing problem or buckled wheel?

J

·
0 Posts
More than likely balancing :nod:

I've known some garages not bother to balance rear wheels, believing its not necessary... well it bloody well is :lol:

For the sake of a few quid, I'd pop it into the local tyre shop and get the balance checked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than likely balancing :nod:

I've known some garages not bother to balance rear wheels, believing its not necessary... well it bloody well is :lol:

For the sake of a few quid, I'd pop it into the local tyre shop and get the balance checked.
thanks for reply mate,but would balancing cause the brake judder at same speed?

J

·
0 Posts
Can't say about that one, only ever had the vibration when at speed myself before

·
Registered
60 Posts
hi guys,new problem car runs on 225 45 17 alloys,just had 2 new tyre fitted and they were fitted to the rears which were then swapped to the front of the car and fronts put on back,problem is car now vibrates at 70mph through the steering wheel and steering wheel juddering when braking at the same speed but brake judder stops as soon as you get to 60mph,didnt do it when the wheels were the other way around,do you think it sounds like a balancing problem or buckled wheel?
mite be a simple case of one off the stick on wheel weights has come off after balancing if theres been dirt on the wheel of the car this is probably the case

just drop it in to the garage im sure they will just re ballance the wheels for you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right been back to tyre depot and they rebalanced front wheels again and said they were out and done them again but havent had a chance to try it yet,but they have only gone and broke my locking wheel nut key,it is a peugeot one anyone know how long and how much for another one?

J

·
0 Posts
New set of nuts & key I think is about £30-35 from memory. I'm not sure if you can get just the key, or have a complete new set. Best bet is to throw them away and keep standard nuts - when they are in tight and a little older and brittle, you'll wish you never had them :nod:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New set of nuts & key I think is about £30-35 from memory. I'm not sure if you can get just the key, or have a complete new set. Best bet is to throw them away and keep standard nuts - when they are in tight and a little older and brittle, you'll wish you never had them :nod:
thanks mate exactly what i was thinking,tested car tonight after they rebalanced today and judder gone when at speed but if you brake at high speed steering wheel is juddering bad,what i dont understand is when the wheels which are on the back now were on the front i never had any wheel wobble at speed or when braking?i asked them today if the wheels were buckled and they showed me them spinning on the balancer with a arm against the rim and it showed no movement?discs and pads were done 1 week before i bought it and i can remember when driving it before the wheel swap around just how good the brakes felt when braking no judder what so ever so this is getting stranger,any ideas folks as running out of ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts