Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And a big brute he was!!

Coming out of Ballymoney last night....it just came running out, I held on tight as there was an on-coming car and BANG...what a thump!

I honestly thought the front of the car was going to be very bad.....only two miles from home, so drove on. Only damage was the n/s fog light pushed back out of it"s housing....no dents / scratches!! could"nt believe it!

Downside......took out the 3 small screws that hold on the bottom corner lower cover...the impact broke the black plastic "arms" of the rear of the fog-light, so I could"nt clip it back in place, and by the looks of things, the unit is all one with the brackets etc....

Instead of going to the dealers and pricing a new light unit, I applied a good beading of "Stik-a-flex" along the cut-out for the light....its still up on the jack, keeping it up overnight till it hardens off, and I can remove the two pieces of wood that"s propping it in tight etc...

But....I"m very impressed with how the car stood up to the Badger incident...:thumb::thumb::thumb::D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
And the silver lining is i just bought two new fog lights and will be selling others once i get a chance to change them ,

ps your lucky mate those buggers can do some damage :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Martin..

How much were the fogs?......do they have the plastic "arms" on them as new as I thought?

Have a new ABS sensor here too:)

Cliff

J

·
0 Posts
Amazed at that..... that is one animal that I would think would have done some serious front end damage. They are so bulky, amazed the plastic bumper didn't crack.
How fast when you hit it?

·
Registered
821 Posts
i rear-ended one ford fusion on a bridge in belgrade, his boot door was all the way in to the rear of his back seat, my first impression that my front end will be as bad.

but when i stepped out to my amazement only visible damage was the broken peugeot badge. on closer inspection, headlight catches were broken, plastic grille and the interrior plastic hit absorbers. my insurance covered all of it, and got a new front bumper, even though it wasnt damaged other than scrathched paint and some catches broken.

point being, tough suckers they are these peugeots, wouldnt want to get rear-ended myself by one. :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Martin,
Will check what date my mot is due in Jan 2012......maybe wait till after the new year, but will let ya know...

Hold onto those fogs...might take one off you!

Cheers,

Cliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts