Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a peugot expert 1998 that is dificult to start. Glow plugs have been replaced fuel filter new. when I eventualy get her started she runs rough on tick over when reved it runs better. If I loosen off the banjo union on top of the injector pump the fuel return the fuel coming out is like foam with lots of air in it. I have checked the supply and cannot see any air going into the pump. If I pump the bulb primer pump she runs smoothly. To me this sounds like injector pump problems is this repairable or would I need a new pump!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes old but not many miles around 80000. Last one I had was a fiat scudo and did 250000 sold it still running fine

·
11,835 Posts
Parts wear out over time and not just mileage. My 2003 Peugeot 307 needed a little help when air was getting in the fuel lines and that was low mileage and impeccably cared for.

·
Registered
14,951 Posts
Would be handy just for clarity if you told us what engine i can make a good guess but i could be wrong i agree though its more likely bad connections than the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be handy just for clarity if you told us what engine i can make a good guess but i could be wrong i agree though its more likely bad connections than the pump.
1.9 diesel non turbo think have found problem. seal on bottm of filter housing took off cleaned and seems ok now will get new one next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts