Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recent problem with my pug 307 hdi. It is 7 years old with 165,000 miles up. The problem is that when i engage the starter it seems like a bad/intermittent electrical connection. the car starts but you can hear the starter motor momenterily stop spinning and then cutting in again. the engagement sounds very rough when this happens. sometimes there is absolutley no problem. There was a new starter motor fitted about 2 years ago. Does key turning action power a relay or does it go straight to the starter solenoid which acts as a relay. or could the problem be at the key end. i'm fairly competent but need a direction to start looking.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Bettyswollocks. I went through the connections on the battery and earth on gearbox. all seem good. I joined terminals on the back of the starter and the problem was still there so pulled out starter and took apart as much as possible but the back of the solenoid (where i'm thinkin problem is) is a sealed unit. There was plenty of brush material left in the motor part. Anyway reassembled the lot and put back in car as i need it on the road. How much are starters up in your parts?
We're being robbed down here in the South both at the main dealer and factors. I bought genuine pug parts for a crashed 307 last week and they were 40% cheaper even after courier exchange rate etc.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Bought mine second hand scrapyard £40 , did you check your battery ,first time i thought my starter was going it was in fact the battery, then a year and a half later the starter did go.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts