Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just my car, or is there a design/build problem with the bonnet of the car? Every time I lift the bonnet, pools of rain water have collected on the large piece of black plastic trim that sits at the front of the engine bay. I assume this is getting in through the gap between the bonnet and the surrounding panels. The panel gap looks normal, but the water on this black plastic trim is collecting across the whole width of the car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just been out and looked at mine, water will probably get in their but will drain away out of the 2 channels either side. As soon as you drive normally it would drain away. This looks like a design feature.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just spent 4 hours giving it and the mrs' car a clean - inside and out.

The tray at the front has a guide to push water down. The only thing is there's couple of bolts at the bottom of a plastic well.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Headlamp

This is after wiping away the mass of bubbles under the bonnet on the water capture tray.. note the nut at the bottom where water collects..
Black Wheel Machine

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The water in mine is collecting right at the front of the "tray", across the whole width of the car. Possibly because the car is parked on a slight incline.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Once moving the water will drain away as others have said its not an ideal design but thats how peugeot thought it should be hence the holes at the low point theres not much at the front the water can cause harm to anyway.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes my Audi had the same. As soon as you drive off it will run away through the drain holes. If you park on a hill you will notice small puddles at the back of the rear wheels and just in front of the front wheels where the water exits.

·
Registered
64 Posts
As the structure where that small amount of water collects is plastic I very much doubt it will cause any long term corrosion or other issues and it will drain off when you drive because of the forces involved. I washed mine today for the first time but did not get any similar water puddles collecting under the bonnet

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ha Ha ha. It came up beautifully thank you. I only use a hose on wide spray so do not pose any great danger of water ingress. However, the alloy wheels are a joke to clean i've never before spent so long on cleaning wheels !!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ha Ha ha. It came up beautifully thank you. I only use a hose on wide spray so do not pose any great danger of water ingress. However, the alloy wheels are a joke to clean i've never before spent so long on cleaning wheels !!
Just a matter of interest but which alloys do you have fitted. Standard or upgrades? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got Grip Control but my wheels definitely aren't easy to clean they got slots holes and ridges all around. I suppose they are okay if you only ever clean the lacquered alloy and never clean the black bits, would look rather dull though.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The wheels that come with Grip control are a doddle to clean.
They figure mud use on a regular basis :D

The 17' standard allure wheels are easy to clean, although I would recommend using a good compatible wheel cleaner and giving it some behind the wheel too with the water spray before cleaning.. quite a bit of brake dust came off.

If you give them a really good clean then use a hot temp wax will help on the next clean..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.