Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. i am having difficulty finding a new or used set of rear brake backplates for a pug 406 coupe. my local dealer has just told me that they are now discontinued and no longer availible from peugeot. this is a major hassle since there are none for sale anywhere new or used.

is there an alternative plate i can modify from another peugeot or citroen? my plates have completely disintigrated and i need them as soon as possible.

any ideas guys??? B.

·
5,087 Posts
i'm guessing you've tried Ade from the coupe club

G

·
0 Posts
There is a Peugeot Coupe breaker that everyone seems to use - he can be found on 406Coupeclub.org, or on eBay.

He is Adrian, user name is ade1122.

Back plates are like rocking horse pooh, it may be worth finding half decent ones and making them good ( I got mine Zinc plated, but filler and zinc paint will do ) before doing the swap.

You will also need to remove the rear hubs to remove the backplate ( 40mm socket ) so get yourself some replacements first, around £45 each from a local factors. The handbrake is also more than likely to be seized in the backplate, so squirt with WD40 for a day or so before removal. I undid my cable from under the rear of the car and took it off with the backplate and removed it afterwards.

New backplates should still be available, Farmer Pug bought some for his 406, albeit £90 each..:eek:

Part numbers 4211 81, and 4212 82 - left and right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts