Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, newbie to the site!

Brief outline of my problem...

I purchased a 1995 Pug 306 xsi from my local breakers as a Cat D salvage, have carried out necessary work but now have major engine problem
From past experience when you have white cream under the oil cap its a head gasket fault, however the engine runs fine with no misfires or anything, so is is something else?

Apparrently there are 2 variants, an 8v and 16v, not sure which one mine is. Is there any defining markings or anything to show what it is? reason why I ask is I got a new rad for mine (again from breakers) which, when fitted, was narrower in width than mine and only had one bleed valve on it at the top, where as the old one had 2 bleed valves, one at top and bottom. After fitting the new one and running the engine, and ensuring all the valves were bled, the engine overheated, the radiator blew the cap off, the cooling fan didnt cut in either.

I have had 3 xsi's now and this is the only one with these problems.....HELP

Oh, and the internal fuses, what do they power/serve as I dont have any manuals to refer to yet!

Finally, how many bleed valves should there be? I have only found 3. Any technical advice would be extremely much appreciated!

Thanks in anticiaption

Jon

·
Registered
22 Posts
The bleed valves on a 306 are - on top of rad - one near the stat housing, and one on the bulkhead by the matrix.

If yours is 16v you'll have a plastic manifold at the front of the engine, if its an 8v you'll have the air filter in the rocker cover, however, its a 1995 so it'll be an 8v.

I think you need to research the bleeding method, thats probebly why you had problems with overheating! Get on over pug306.net i'm on there a lot more than here and i'm always willing to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts