Peugeot Forums banner

B1003 error code

15K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  George_208_xy 
#1 ·
Hi guys. Last week I bought a Peugeot 208 2014, 1.6 HDI and since then I have discovered a bunch of errors with this car. After I purchased it, being on the motorway on the way home, the engine light and abs/esp light came on after harsh speeding to reach the designated motorway speed. I stopped at the nearest exit and diagnosed the car. The OBD showed P0087 - fuel rail/system pressure-too low. I erased the codes and everything went fine for the rest of the trip. Yesterday while driving at low speed in the city, the cooling fan turned on and stayed on for at least 5 minutes even if the outside temperature was around 4 degrees Celcius. Today has happened another few times during the day. I noticed that the engine temperature gauge stays above the 90 degrees marker in normal driving. Also, today while I was driving, the touch screen turned off once (having only the Peugeot logo on and no response), and another time went completely black. When I got home I plugged the OBD tool and I discovered around 15 error codes on BSI module. The majority were about the car's lighting. I want to mention that with the engine off and the ignition on, the engine temperature gauge stayed above 90 and suddenly dropped at 60. I never had a car with so many confusing issues.

I managed to erase the codes excepting one. B1003 - configuration fault.

Any suggestions?

Below I attached the obd scanning results.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Cooling fan comes on when car is trying to regenerate.

Blocked fuel filter can cause P0087. Any service history on it? As its a 6 year old diesel I'd want to know how the DPF cleaning system is.

Some 207s suffer from the rear light cluster earth fault, same that happens on the 407.

As for Delphi scanning, I'd get a proper Peugeot diagnostic, and this explains why. Many of those codes could be old ones which haven't been cleared.

And as for that "warranty", its not worth the paper its written on. You may find that consumer law gives you far more than just engine and gearbox.

#5 ·
I have no history of the car but has only 78000k on the clock. The delphi is the one I use for both of my cars because includes all brands. I plugged obd at the seller site and had only the error with the fuel pressure. I cleared it and did not come back until I speeded up on the motorway. Cleared the codes and worked fine untill now. Today I tested the battery voltage and it's fine. Alternator charges correctly namely 14.4v. Today i also reset the BSI believing I could get rid of the B1003 code but had no success with that. When I get home I will check the MAF sensor and measure its values. Important to mention that after BSI reset the auto start function not worki g anymore. The eco light just blinking and no engine stop. If MAF is working correctly I will change battery. If still nothing, find another owner for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.