Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,and happy new year to you all,
my 2003 expert 2.0 hdi is giving me an expensive problem, 23 mpg and 370 miles for 16 gallons!!!!
it generally drives fine although the last week it has occasionally just cut out no stuttering just stops.It starts instantly and then runs fine apart from the awful economy.There dose'nt seam to be any regularity to the cutting out very random and not every day?
I put a Memoscan reader on it today and the only code it came up with was P0230 BUT it also said the van was doing 20 mph and was ideling at 1600 rpm , now I ain't no expert at all but I was stationary and it certainly did'nt sound like it was running that fast.
can anyone point me in the right direction here as I can afford to take it off the road for a couple of weeks but its crippeling me in fuel costs even though its running light at the moment.
Please help me if you can!!!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Shows as a faulty fuel pump relay andy. Between £25-45 from peugeot these are guestimates based on my preheater relay price.
code says fuel pump primary circuit malfunction/EDC15C2 fuel pump in tank supply/open circuit or circuit to earth

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply dose this mean the fuel tank pump is faulty or just the relay?sorry for being dim but these modern systems really confuse me got left behind with all computer control systems and not familiar with them but trying to learn.I was really good with points and carbs!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Is there a tank pump in the van? On the 2.0HDI cars (my 407 for example) there isn't a pump in the tank.

You may want to get the faults read with Peugeot Planet rather than any other fault reader - that way you will get proper fault codes/descriptions :nod:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Had poor MPG on a 2.0hdi 407. It turned out to be the water temp sender. Very slight fluctuations on the needle (temp dial on speedo) but the biggest giveaway was that the air-con didn't cut in.

Common problem it turned out , car was giving 32mph when replaced went to 54!

It thinks it's cold so will always run rich hence the poor mpg.

May be worth looking at yours.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the replies chaps very helpful.The temp gauge is not reading properly now so looks like that will be the suspect but as I have no idea where it is have booked it into garage on saturday and will get them to change both temp. sender and fuel pump relay, and we will see how that works out.
Thanks again for all the help, will let you all know how I get on.:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may want to get the faults read with Peugeot Planet rather than any other fault reader - that way you will get proper fault codes/descriptions :nod:[/QUOTE]

Anyone got plant in my region, I'm in Saltash:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had poor MPG on a 2.0hdi 407. It turned out to be the water temp sender. Very slight fluctuations on the needle (temp dial on speedo) but the biggest giveaway was that the air-con didn't cut in.

Common problem it turned out , car was giving 32mph when replaced went to 54!

It thinks it's cold so will always run rich hence the poor mpg.

May be worth looking at yours.
Think you've hit it one the head with that will know more after it's been replaced Had same one my '98 passat couple of years back made a big difference then and now my gauge is mucking about on the it could be it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well got the temp sender done last weekend and off I went to work on monday the gauge worked to start with but by the time I was on my way home it started to read intermitently very low then a bit higher then normal then nothing.As the week went on it has been reading when it feels like it an the economy has dropped off again and so I now don't know if its a faulty sender again or something more sinister (ECU fault wiring?)
The van drives much better when the gauge is higher but lacks a bit of grunt when it shows colder or nothing :confused:
Going to try another sender tomorrow just in case I got a bad one (it happened to me once before !!) Any suggestions from the members greatfully received. I'm at a loss other wise.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still not working help!!!!

Well changed the sensor again today and still no luck. re-scanned and got code p0115 coolant circuit failure.Cleared the code ran the engine and now the stop light is flashing all the time.
any advice now from the members very much needed

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might be getting closer !!!!

Well got together with magma 1974 (BIG THANK YOU :thumb:)and NO FAULTS nothing on the engine anyway just a dodggy lock on the back door which I knew about. BUT the coolant temp is very low (same reading my memo scanner gave) so going for a new thermostat when its not -2C !!.
But the STOP LIGHT is still flashing and PP2000 says its not,so getting really confused.Hoping the 'stat will cure it, will keep you all posted.A s always any suggestions very welcome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
success nearly

YES YES YES I have a temperature gauge working again and some heat in the engine.All nice and stable on a 16 mile run all good APART from the STOP light is still flashing!!!!!
Planet did not pick this up when scanned so trying the old dissconnect battery for a few hours then rescan and see if it will turn off. Damned annoying and with no fault codes showing on either pp2000 or my memoscan at a loss.:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts