Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I m going for a vacation for 2weeks,..should i disconnect battery terminal(both terminal or just 1 side of terminal)...or just don't need to disconnect it at all & leave it as it is for 2weeks.

Is there any drawback if :

> disconnect both battery terminal
> disconnect 1 sides of the terminal
> leave it as it is (for 2weeks without starting the car)

Feedback needed pls....
thx

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RedPUG said:
Hi, I have been away for two weeks and simply left mine. Upon return one turn and she fires up without a problem.

2008 1.6 Allure

thx dude......
thr's no display of whatsoever on the screen thereafter?....liketh "Anti Polution Fault"...or "low battery level"

G

·
I myself would disconnect my battery

Heard a few reports of batteries running flat while away and it causing BSI issues and a hefty bill!

there was one guy who posted on here about it but cant find it for the life of me!

If you disconnect the battery in the correct manner, and wake up the BSI in the correct manor when you return then you should be set!

Thats my opinion though, totally up to you! :nod:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stubbo said:
I myself would disconnect my battery

Heard a few reports of batteries running flat while away and it causing BSI issues and a hefty bill!

there was one guy who posted on here about it but cant find it for the life of me!

If you disconnect the battery in the correct manner, and wake up the BSI in the correct manor when you return then you should be set!

Thats my opinion though, totally up to you! :nod:
What's a BSI?!

G

·
The BSI is effectively the brain of a car, it collects and sends data to the various other components and systems!

unfortunately they arent the most stable piece of kit, especially if you dont power them down/wake them up correctly

See this for a bit more info..

http://www.autodiagnos.com/fileadmi.../pdf/technical_bulletins/psa/bsi_complete.pdf

With yours being a 2005 it should be a bit less temperamental than the ones on the older models as i think they revised the electrics quite a lot for the facelift models :thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stubbo said:
The BSI is effectively the brain of a car, it collects and sends data to the various other components and systems!

unfortunately they arent the most stable piece of kit, especially if you dont power them down/wake them up correctly

See this for a bit more info..

http://www.autodiagnos.com/fileadmi.../pdf/technical_bulletins/psa/bsi_complete.pdf

With yours being a 2005 it should be a bit less temperamental than the ones on the older models as i think they revised the electrics quite a lot for the facelift models :thumb:
Ok, I see. Was wondering how the diagnostics worked on this car. I guess my OBDII VAGCOM setup isn't likely to be much use then. Does the car still have an OBDII port or is it completely bespoke?

Although my car is 2005 it isn't facelift. It's registration date is april 2005, so it must be one of the last of the original models.

cheers for the info :)

G

·
I'd be inclined to leave it. If the car and battery are fit and healthy 2 weeks is no problem (my 407 sat nearly a month earlier this year following an operation that prevented me from driving) and meddling only increases the risk of inadvertantly causing a problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chopper1192 said:
I'd be inclined to leave it. If the car and battery are fit and healthy 2 weeks is no problem (my 407 sat nearly a month earlier this year following an operation that prevented me from driving) and meddling only increases the risk of inadvertantly causing a problem.

Back to the dismantling of battery issue,....what if d battery is totally flat,...what i can & can't do when the battery is flat out :-

>can i insert keys to open the locked door(which has been lock by push button earlier)
>so meaining with d battery dead,it won't interupt BSI at all.....& when i get d battery replace....just apply the rule of thumb...(wait for 10 second & on the front lite...)

G

·
Its probably best left to your own judgement, some will prefer disconnect and some wont

I have a very temperemental car at the best of times so its definately disconnect for me!

Its also worth mentioning that if your battery does run flat i'd strongly advise against jump starting, much safer to borrow a spare battery or charge yours out of the car :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.