Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Average MPG for a 2008 1.6 vti sport.

According to my dash readings i'm getting between 41 and 42 mpg in general urban/town driving with a little bit of motorway, are these readings generally accurate or not, bearing in mind i'm not really heavy footed on the accelerator, and just out of pure curiosity are other members getting similar mpg out of there 1.6vti 308's

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi ya.
I. Have had a 2009 1.6vti for 3 years. Average mpg over that time is 37.9mpg measured the old fashioned way rank to tank full. The dash computer is consistently 9% over optimistic (surprise surprise)! Car is used for shorter trips 5-6mls then long highway trips of 350mls once a month. Best ever had was 46.2 on trip computer after one such trip which was an actual rant to tank consumption of 43 driven gently. Car not as economical as astra 1.6 16v I owned before nor as flexible but it is heavier.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for that info, seems mine is about the same as yours then. Kind of guessed the computer figures might be a bit over the actual, its running at a constant 41mpg at the minute, which im actually ok with given its age, and a lot better than the motorhome I had been driving at 15/18mpg.
Thought a few other members might have added a few of there mpg's just to get a better average but you are the only one to give there mpg numbers, so cheers for that.

and by the way, in response to your other post mine can also be a bit sluggish in lower revs 1500/2500 but they do like to be wound up a bit and seem to run better for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts