Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just tried to replace the auxiliary belt on my daughters car and having released the tensioner I still cant remove the belt as it is trapped between the crank pulley and what seems to be a pinch wheel to send drive to the power steering pump. please see picture.

Any ideas how to release the tension from this pinch wheel?

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi Martin....See if you can speak to a friendly tech. at your nearest Pug. dealer. Haynes have got a manual coming out for the 308 , but not untill mid October .I have a 308 THP so I dont mess about with it myself !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tiptronic,

Thanks for your reply. I might try and find an independent mechanic as I find they tend to be a little more chatty. It's so annoying that a simple job can be made so complex. A manual will certainly help.

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was a looking for this the other day and could not find an answer.

So.... if it helps there is a little pull tab you can see it just above the belt from the top and top right of the picture.

Pull this tab all the way out and there is a small cut out that hooks up on the tube. This holds all the tension off the second tensioner.

Swap the belt and put it all back together.

10 mins and job was done all from the top of the engine.

Ps to take the tension off the first tensioner it uses a 30mm socket/spanner remove tension and slide the pin through the hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts