Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting timing belt done on Tuesday and was told to get an aux belt. Is it just a belt I need or is it aux belt kit I should get.

Doing water pump aswell and read on here that double pulley should also be done but have been told this is only required on the 2.0 hdi and not 1.4hdi

·
Registered
905 Posts
daffyduck said:
Getting timing belt done on Tuesday and was told to get an aux belt. Is it just a belt I need or is it aux belt kit I should get.

Doing water pump aswell and read on here that double pulley should also be done but have been told this is only required on the 2.0 hdi and not 1.4hdi
get the kit, its not expensive and while its being done you be may aswell get it done properly.

The reason why double pulley should be replaced is that some start making noise under the new tension... since its thier you are only paying for the part and not paying for the labour from scratch in event of its failure..

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Was up with Dennis and hes doing it on Tuesday. He told me to pick up an aux belt, got one in paints & components for £12. Will maybe call back and get the tensioners. Might just get the double pulley aswell but at £50 is it really worth it when Ive been told it doesnt need replaced in the 1.4hdi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts