Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,

I've just bought a 2007 307 sw, it's the 'se' model and comes with a factory fitted mp3 cd player, and cd changer underneath. What I would like to know is if I can get a aux adaptor for the back with the above set up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Good Morning Mike,

I would say that the best option you have is to check the back of the radio. Depending on what head unit you have, i believe the standard is 1 input for aux and 1 for cd changer.

however when a friend of mine bought one and asked me to fit and enable in diagbox, we found that his aux port was already taken. This was a 58 plate 307.

The car had no extras fitted in terms of usb, aux or bluetooth headset, and aux was disabled on the head unit.

The wire using the port was coming from the main head unit loom so there was no chance of tracing it back.

I removed the plug from the aux port and enabled aux in diagbox and it worked fine. Nothing else seemed to stop working, and diagbox didnt show any errors.

Still can't figure out what the cable was, or whether it was actually doing anything with the aux as disabled on the head unit :confused:

The stereo shouldn't take long to remove, and although they look similar, the aux port and the cd changer port are slightly different in shape, so make sure you order the right one.

Hopefully you wont have any issues installing and activating :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Morning Mike,

I would say that the best option you have is to check the back of the radio. Depending on what head unit you have, i believe the standard is 1 input for aux and 1 for cd changer.

however when a friend of mine bought one and asked me to fit and enable in diagbox, we found that his aux port was already taken. This was a 58 plate 307.

The car had no extras fitted in terms of usb, aux or bluetooth headset, and aux was disabled on the head unit.

The wire using the port was coming from the main head unit loom so there was no chance of tracing it back.

I removed the plug from the aux port and enabled aux in diagbox and it worked fine. Nothing else seemed to stop working, and diagbox didnt show any errors.

Still can't figure out what the cable was, or whether it was actually doing anything with the aux as disabled on the head unit :confused:

The stereo shouldn't take long to remove, and although they look similar, the aux port and the cd changer port are slightly different in shape, so make sure you order the right one.

Hopefully you wont have any issues installing and activating :thumb:
Thank you very much for the reply!

I'm not too sure which head unit I have, it looks like a standard one with the mp3 capability. What do I need exactly? Would this be okay?

PEUGEOT 307 AUX IN PEUGEOT RD4 iPod iPhone MP3 PLAYER INTERFACE ADAPTER | eBay

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
thats a really good Question I am looking at trying to get an mp3 player Ipod to work on my car maybe if Paul comes back with something definitive I may get one for mine My CD player will not play MP3 discs and its a pain changing them out and storing them somewhere whilst not in use

Not sure I have the RD4 though but this looks like a good upgrade to the ICE

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Both of those options seem like good options. The quadlock on the cd changer has 2 inputs. One for aux and one for CD changer. and they are slightly different in shape.

I presume that the main functional difference is that the aux only has 3 inputs (left, right and ground) where as the CD changer also provides power through the socket.

It really depends on what you want to do, the aux input is just a basic headphone jack. that multimedia box looks awesome, i have not seen one like it before. My car has the usb port built in so i never had to look.

I really cannot recommend you purchase anything without checking the sockets though. The multimedia option sounds great if you can live without the cd changer.

If you pull the cd changer out and find the standard tray that they put in when you doint have the cd changer, you would even have somewhere to mount it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Both of those options seem like good options. The quadlock on the cd changer has 2 inputs. One for aux and one for CD changer. and they are slightly different in shape.

I presume that the main functional difference is that the aux only has 3 inputs (left, right and ground) where as the CD changer also provides power through the socket.

It really depends on what you want to do, the aux input is just a basic headphone jack. that multimedia box looks awesome, i have not seen one like it before. My car has the usb port built in so i never had to look.

I really cannot recommend you purchase anything without checking the sockets though. The multimedia option sounds great if you can live without the cd changer.

If you pull the cd changer out and find the standard tray that they put in when you doint have the cd changer, you would even have somewhere to mount it.

To be honest I would be happy with either! The multimedia option does look good, I'm just not so sure I would use anything other then the headphone jack.....

I could definitely live without the cd changer if I had an Aux lead! I wouldn't remove it though, I'd leave it in place....

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have seen posts about the Yatour on the Forum I think I personally will get the player/radio out and check the Inputs and probably go for that option on my 307 if possible A few media cards could give you hours of music with minimal storage problems

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen posts about the Yatour on the Forum I think I personally will get the player/radio out and check the Inputs and probably go for that option on my 307 if possible A few media cards could give you hours of music with minimal storage problems
Have you read good things about it?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Forum members have fitted them I should imagine the sound is fine to most peoples Ears especially with the way MP3 is encoded these days

there have been posts about where to get them and how to fit them but searching the forum brings up only a few results

Whats needed is for someone to post what they sound like and any technical problems whilst fitting them and Knowing what radio takes them Interface wise

because reading the sellers listings sometimes says from 2004 or from 2005 which is when the 307 changed from VAN TO CAN and I am not sure what impact that would have on fitting an Aux MP3 device

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forum members have fitted them I should imagine the sound is fine to most peoples Ears especially with the way MP3 is encoded these days

there have been posts about where to get them and how to fit them but searching the forum brings up only a few results

Whats needed is for someone to post what they sound like and any technical problems whilst fitting them and Knowing what radio takes them Interface wise

because reading the sellers listings sometimes says from 2004 or from 2005 which is when the 307 changed from VAN TO CAN and I am not sure what impact that would have on fitting an Aux MP3 device
Yes, that would be great if someone could help us both!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This is a project that i would love to take on and report on... unfortunately i have no need to :( i am trying to get my other half to take her driving test and get a car... perhaps if i get her to buy a Peugeot and be very specific with the options :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have had the Yatour in my 307 for two years now, and very glad for it, my car is a 2002 with the RD3 radio, but after the facelift the 307 gets the RD4.
When activating the cd-changer input, you only need to activate the function in the centre display with the RD3 radio, with a RD4 you activate both radio and centre display.
I got the Bluetooth module as well, it's ok, but could work smoother.
On German eBay you can get all types without risking taxes.
peugeot yatour | eBay

Holt

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have had the Yatour in my 307 for two years now, and very glad for it, my car is a 2002 with the RD3 radio, but after the facelift the 307 gets the RD4.
When activating the cd-changer input, you only need to activate the function in the centre display with the RD3 radio, with a RD4 you activate both radio and centre display.
I got the Bluetooth module as well, it's ok, but could work smoother.
On German eBay you can get all types without risking taxes.
peugeot yatour | eBay

Holt
The Yatour is under serious consideration I will get it from the German seller But not through Ebay as they sell on other sites :D

your Input has been Instrumental in the decision :thumb:

I like the Idea of the USB or Jack or card inputs As other people in the car with Media can also get a choice If they do not like My choice of music the Radio comes out quite easily ,,

A swift bit of cable routing will enable the device to be tucked away from Prying eyes ,Also the removable cards can be Swiftly changed or updated

What is the Max memory card ?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I don't remember max memory size, I got a 8 GB usb stick, and that's more than enough to hold the 9 folders with up to 99 tracks each, you have to make folders named CD01 to CD09 where you store your music, the RD3 radio only handles 99 tracks in each folder, the Yatour can handle 999 tracks, not sure about the RD4 radio.

Holt

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
well already I am starting to Glean needed Info Picking your Brains :lol:

Have ordered one up using Amazon Prime So it should be here quite rapidly Its from the German Ebay seller At £53 .72 And includes expedited delivery

Just hoping the Install goes nicely

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts