Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy weekend all. I have the original stereo in my 207cc with the Bluetooth for the phone. I want to listen to music from my phone but when I press the source button it doesn't give me the option to stream via Bluetooth. Not had car long and would love to know if and how I can do this? Would it be easier to add the aux cable I can buy from eBay? I have read some posts on here but they always end without saying how. I have read needs to be turned on with planet? Not knowing much about it a little info from a few of you would be great. Is there anyone with planet for my 207 in Exeter area? I would imagine dealers would charge a fortune!! A way forward on this would be good. Have a great weekend all!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello. I don't have experience with bluetooth in car, but I thing it is only for phone calls. Not data streaming.

Conecting and activeting AUX cable is easy, couple min and job done. Make sure you've got correct cable. I've done this couple times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. I don't have experience with bluetooth in car, but I thing it is only for phone calls. Not data streaming.

Conecting and activeting AUX cable is easy, couple min and job done. Make sure you've got correct cable. I've done this couple times.
Hi. Thanks. Ok if I buy a cable and plug it in do I have to activate the aux option. When I press the source button it doesn't show the aux option?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Transamcan.

I am based in Chudleigh so not far from Exeter. I have the DIAGBOX software and Lexia-3 Interface if you want to play with your 207CC.

I am guessing your 207 is yr2007 to yr2010 if you have the Bluetooth Module that only supports Hands Free. As far as I am aware you would need to have the later refreshed model of 207 from about 2010 for the Bluetooth to support streaming Music. The later models also had a USB socket and AUX socket below the centre console switches.

On your Radio (RD4 model) there are two AUX Inputs which share the same plug. AUX1 will be being used by the Bluetooth Hands Free Module but AUX2 should be available to use with a cable.

I have the early Bluetooth Module (Hands Free only) installed in my Yr2007 207 and have tried to enable the second AUX input but to be honest had not tried to hard !! It should be possible !! Currently if I select Source on the Radio - No other input options are displayed.

It is possible to buy an interface that uses the CD Changer socket on the Radio and allows control of the music using the steering wheel controls as if it were a CD Player. You will need to do your research and see what is available. I had a Connects 2 interface which I have now sold to another 207 Owner as I really only wanted Hands Free and wasn't too bothered with streaming music from my phone.

Let me know if you want to play with the DIAGBOX / PP2000 software to check out your car. I know the dealer in Exeter wanted £85 plus VAT just to do a basic diagnostics test !!

Did you get your High Temp problems sorted ?? We could read the fault codes and see what the problem is ??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update to my previous post on this thread.

Early RD4 Radios only had ONE active AUX input. If you already have the Bluetooth Hands Free module installed it will be using this port.

This means that there is no available AUX 2 input for adding the ability to stream music from your phone through the Radio !!

Later RD4 Radios (with two aerial inputs) had TWO AUX inputs available.

What is strange is you can program both AUX inputs with DIAGBOX even though the AUX 2 input is not present in the hardware !!

Taken from another thread on this subject (In French) !!

The manual (that comes with Peugeot AUX Cable) covers 2 versions of the Blaupunkt RD4, I am not sure if these versions are what in some forums they refer to as LEVEL1 and LEVEL2. Could be. They differ in that one has, on the back panel, only ONE socket in the lower left corner (like in mine) for the antenna - lets call it LEVEL1 - and the other has TWO sockets, one for the antenna and the other for some other use - lets call this LEVEL2. Both these radios have on the middle right hand side of the back panel, the same socket type for the data and aux cables.

For LEVEL1 RD4 - only ONE aux port can operate, namely AUX1, and it is EITHER allocated and configured for use with the HFK OR the 9706.AG. In my case, I chose to use it with the 9706.AG, therefore I can´t operate the HFK, unless I remove the 9706.AG and go to a Peugeot dealer to reconfigure the AUX1.

For LEVEL2 RD4 - on AUX1, you can configure it EITHER for the 9706.AG OR the HFK. But if you configure AUX1 for 9706.AG, you CAN´T use AUX2 for the HFK. To use BOTH, you have to configure AUX1 for the HFK and AUX2 for the 9706.AG. And thats the only combination, only on the LEVEL2 RD4, that allows both a sound source and a hands free kit to function together.

As for the wiring, and again I say that my manual had NO bugs - as I think all manuals from lately - it goes like this:

AUX1: RED wire (right channel) - pin 4
WHITE wire (left channel) - pin 10
BLACK wire (ground) - pin 11

AUX2: RED wire - pin 7
WHITE wire - pin 1
BLACK wire - pin 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update to my previous post on this thread.

Early RD4 Radios only had ONE active AUX input. If you already have the Bluetooth Hands Free module installed it will be using this port.

This means that there is no available AUX 2 input for adding the ability to stream music from your phone through the Radio !!

Later RD4 Radios (with two aerial inputs) had TWO AUX inputs available.

What is strange is you can program both AUX inputs with DIAGBOX even though the AUX 2 input is not present in the hardware !!

Taken from another thread on this subject (In French) !!

The manual (that comes with Peugeot AUX Cable) covers 2 versions of the Blaupunkt RD4, I am not sure if these versions are what in some forums they refer to as LEVEL1 and LEVEL2. Could be. They differ in that one has, on the back panel, only ONE socket in the lower left corner (like in mine) for the antenna - lets call it LEVEL1 - and the other has TWO sockets, one for the antenna and the other for some other use - lets call this LEVEL2. Both these radios have on the middle right hand side of the back panel, the same socket type for the data and aux cables.

For LEVEL1 RD4 - only ONE aux port can operate, namely AUX1, and it is EITHER allocated and configured for use with the HFK OR the 9706.AG. In my case, I chose to use it with the 9706.AG, therefore I can´t operate the HFK, unless I remove the 9706.AG and go to a Peugeot dealer to reconfigure the AUX1.

For LEVEL2 RD4 - on AUX1, you can configure it EITHER for the 9706.AG OR the HFK. But if you configure AUX1 for 9706.AG, you CAN´T use AUX2 for the HFK. To use BOTH, you have to configure AUX1 for the HFK and AUX2 for the 9706.AG. And thats the only combination, only on the LEVEL2 RD4, that allows both a sound source and a hands free kit to function together.

As for the wiring, and again I say that my manual had NO bugs - as I think all manuals from lately - it goes like this:

AUX1: RED wire (right channel) - pin 4
WHITE wire (left channel) - pin 10
BLACK wire (ground) - pin 11

AUX2: RED wire - pin 7
WHITE wire - pin 1
BLACK wire - pin 2
You certainly know your stuff! I sent you a PM. Hope your all good for tomorrow. Sharing great info. What it's all about on these forums. Great work!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Transamcan,

Good to meet up with you yesterday and hope that now we have enabled your AUX 2 connection using DIAGBOX on your Radio that it will all work OK with your iPhones for streaming music. AUX 1 was already being used by the Bluetooth Hands Free Module (KLM).

The Radio was an RD4 N2 MP3 model (Part No. 96633422XT) with the two aerial connections that appears to be the standard offering in the 207CC model. This model has two AUX inputs unlike the basic RD4 N1 Radios that only have one AUX input.

Any Problems once you have the AUX Cable just let me know and we can have another look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Transamcan,

Good to meet up with you yesterday and hope that now we have enabled your AUX 2 connection using DIAGBOX on your Radio that it will all work OK with your iPhones for streaming music. AUX 1 was already being used by the Bluetooth Hands Free Module (KLM).

The Radio was an RD4 N2 MP3 model (Part No. 96633422XT) with the two aerial connections that appears to be the standard offering in the 207CC model. This model has two AUX inputs unlike the basic RD4 N1 Radios that only have one AUX input.

Any Problems once you have the AUX Cable just let me know and we can have another look.
Was nice to meet up to. Thank you so much for your help. It was interesting to see how it all works. I got home yesterday and the cable was at home. Fitted it last night and it's great. Did what you said Andy just ran the cable through the storage space below the radio. If I were to buy the original panel with the USB and aux input and got hold of the later Bluetooth module could this upgrade the whole lot to stream music through Bluetooth as my other Peugeot used to do? You said the later module had the USB on the side which I'm assuming the USB input on the original panel connects to?
Many thanks for all your help

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good to hear you have it all working with the AUX Cable. Getting the pins in the right holes can be very fiddly !!

In answer to your other questions - I first tried to fit the later Bluetooth Module with the USB input but I could not get it to work on my Yr2007 car. If you want to try with your car you are very welcome to try the later Bluetooth module I already purchased as it is now surplus to requirements !! Of course I may have just got a bad module but I don't have any way of testing it except plugging it into a car !! See my other post on installing the OEM Bluetooth ECU Module.

You saw the panel I had in my car and the socket that has the USB and AUX sockets - This is what is fitted on the later (refreshed 2010 models on) cars. Some have the later Bluetooth Module and the very late models had the RD45 Radio that had the Bluetooth built into the Radio and the USB on the back of the Radio.

It would be nice to just install the later RD45 Radio but this requires modifying the wiring loom as the Microphone then needs to be routed to the Radio rather than the Bluetooth Module. I guess not a big job really but more painful than just installing what was designed for your car. I like to try and keep original if possible !!

Speak soon, James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.