Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 308sw 2016 my, diesel with 6 gear automatic transmission. The car has a few problems but most worrying is that the automatic transmission sometimes lags/hesitates in 2nd gear when I accelerate again after shifting down. At intersections, when turning or going over speed bumps. Sometimes it also jerks like when putting a manual gearbox in to low gear.

Dealer says the automatic transmission has to adapt to me but after two months this car seems to be a slow learner. Second dealer shop said these gearboxes sometimes can be problematic.

Did I just buy a lemon or is this to be expected for Peugeot?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a petrol automatic a couple of months back. I can't say I've experienced the kind of issue you describe - pick up in all gears is fine. Change quality does seem to vary a bit - sometimes 1-2 and 2-3 is a little more noticeable than at other times but never worryingly so.

If its actually engaged 2nd gear but hesitating could this be a problem other than with the gearbox?

The one thing I do find a bit annoying and am not sure if its just mine but when braking there is often a slightly lumpy feel as the car slows down - which so far I've just put down to my braking technique and rather strong servo action - either way it seems to need a very fine touch on the brakes to achieve a smooth stop.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have no problems with my EAT6 automatic. Mates perfectly with my 1.2 petrol engine.

Smooth gear changes whether taking it easy or overtaking. No 'hanging' in gears.

It's been perfect from day one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If its actually engaged 2nd gear but hesitating could this be a problem other than with the gearbox?
I can not hear the engine when this occurs. It is almost like the car delays when I press on the accelerator. So I do not exclude problem with engine or accelerator pedal. To be honest I have no idea what the problem is. And unfortunately the same applies to the dealer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Are you driving hard or soft? I have never had an issue with the autobox.
Could it be bad fuel maybe? it could cause ignition issues making the drive at low speed jerky

·
Registered
90 Posts
The one thing I do find a bit annoying and am not sure if its just mine but when braking there is often a slightly lumpy feel as the car slows down
This happens mostly 3 to 2 or going downhill while not pushing the gas pedal and let the car accelerate 2 to 3.

It's a torque converter cluch action and its really noticable.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I recently bought a 308sw 2016 my, diesel with 6 gear automatic transmission. The car has a few problems but most worrying is that the automatic transmission sometimes lags/hesitates in 2nd gear when I accelerate again after shifting down. At intersections, when turning or going over speed bumps. Sometimes it also jerks like when putting a manual gearbox in to low gear.

Dealer says the automatic transmission has to adapt to me but after two months this car seems to be a slow learner. Second dealer shop said these gearboxes sometimes can be problematic.

I think I understand what you describe and IMO theirs nothing wrong with your gearbox.

The "lag" you describe is the time taken for the gearbox to change from 3rd to 2nd. A little nuiance of this gearbox is that if it changes down from 3rd to 2nd (and in fact any down shift) whilst the engine is under 1500 revs, it takes it time doing so. If you try to accelerate their will be a slight pause or lag until its fully engaged 2nd and when it does their will be a slight jerk. Try putting it in manual mode and change down at 1500 revs or above and u will notice the change is much quicker and the acceleration much more responsive.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The one thing I do find a bit annoying and am not sure if its just mine but when braking there is often a slightly lumpy feel as the car slows down - which so far I've just put down to my braking technique and rather strong servo action - either way it seems to need a very fine touch on the brakes to achieve a smooth stop.
As stated, that is the torque converter your feeling. Nothing to do with how your braking or any of the braking components at all. Perfectly normal but another little nuiance of this gearbox. It sometimes cant down shift quickly enough to match your change in speed thus the gearbox gets bogged down a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Any software updates available for it?

When was the last time it visited a Peugeot main dealer workshop?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, I bought a 2019 Peugeot 308 1.6thp mated with EAT6 Gearbox. I’m facing the same issue as I accelerate slowly after downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear. There’s literally no response like for 2 seconds and even the rpm stays below 1000 while you’re pressing pedal. Anyone got find a solution for this ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear causes feeling the transmission is between gears and it takes a while find the second gear after pressing the gas pedal. The original problem when the car was new was that in Sports mode the downshift was very strong, like hitting the brake pedal at the same time (which my wife often accused me of doing). I asked from the service department and they said it will self adjust after a while, which it did. The shift lag now doesn't happen all the time. I know there is a way to diagnose these problems with an analyser but is it possible to adjust anything with the same device that's the question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.