Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've searched around the forum and can't seam to find anyone who has actually fixed this problem.
My 307sw has the dreaded intermittent sluggishness when moving off and today displayed auto transmission fault on the display and seamed to be stuck in 2nd gear.

Turning it off and back on fixed this and it drove fine for the rest of my journey but I'm getting increasingly worried about the amount of things I've read on the net where owners just can't seam to get a fix for this.

I know it will need its codes reading but for now I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance that this is not the end of the road for my car?
I've also got an aa repair plan should I just let them look at it.

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just adding an update that it happened again.
It seams to happen when its cold and the first time it shifts into 3rd gear if that makes sense to anyone.

Again turning the car off and back on fixed the problem and car drove as normal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still fighting with this problem if anyone has any advice.
I've had the aa out to it today after it almost caused an accident lunging us forwards in 1st gear.
I've been using the triptronic gear box as it wasn't getting the fault code like that until today.
I set off at a round a bout when it banged and lunged forward displaying the auto gear fault....was scary and would have hit the car in front had there been one.

The aa man is saying he's found an abs fault and a fault called bob but they don't know what that is.

Anyone know what that fault is and any advice at all on what I should be telling my garage to do to fix this.
The aa mad also said the abs fault is causing it cus the car doesn't know what speed it's doing but I'm not convinced at all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is he coded my cd changer in back in august but it's at the garage now and I'm not sure they would appreciate me sending someone in to read the codes.

Will the software the aa use not show some things up?
It's funny because the gent who did the changer found atuo transmission fault codes when he ran a diagnostic.

Should I be telling the garage to get someone with planet reading it?

Thanks

·
11,731 Posts
Yes there is he coded my cd changer in back in august but it's at the garage now and I'm not sure they would appreciate me sending someone in to read the codes.

Will the software the aa use not show some things up?
It's funny because the gent who did the changer found atuo transmission fault codes when he ran a diagnostic.

Should I be telling the garage to get someone with planet reading it?

Thanks
Personally I would. And I've been to numerous garages before to do a diagnostic and they've been OK with it, mainly because they're stumped or don't have the time or equipment to diagnose. They just want the car fixed and out.

I don't want to diss the AA too much but they're increasingly becoming reliant on what their code reader says and making suggestions based on the fault rather than experience and knowledge.

Like the example I cite a lot:

Car won't start, AA plug in their diagnostic gear, no fuel at high pressure pump. AA recommend taking to a garage for a new high pressure pump going on for £300.

If he'd traced the fault further they'd have found that the problem was a sticking fuel pump in the tank.

And get an ABS fault and they're condemning the ABS unit when its a sensor issue.

Planet is much more than a code reader, it can do all sorts of components tests and measurements.

Get back in touch with whoever did your diagnostic. When I do one I always "print" off the fault codes to a PDF file and give them to the customer on a memory stick, printout or email.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice.
I've arranged for it to be diagnosed with planet so hoping that shows some transmission codes.

I was a bit miffed by the aa's solution to the problem when I've had no other warnings other than this auto gear fault.

·
Registered
14,288 Posts
AA code reader found a fault called bob :)

These types of faults with autos are sometimes due to old oil contaminating the solenoids but yours being tiptronic is even more complicated sometimes the whole control assembly needs replaced

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like it could be a huge expensive job.
I've read a few threads on other forums where the valves were changed and gear box oil. Some mention a rebuild of the transmission but to me it's all in another language lol

P

·
0 Posts
Arranged to head to the local garage Saturday morning to hook planet up to car. Hopefully get to bottom of things.:thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a bit of an update on this.

Last Monday night the car just about died, wouldn't set off at all on a slight hill would only go on flat.

I had the aa out again who said it was a gearbox problem as soon as he drove it.
It's been with halfords all week who then decided they can't figure our what's wrong with it other than an abs code still showing.

Well today it's gone into mister gearbox who has warned me he thinks the gearbox has burnt out just from driving it :(

I'll know more when they have looked at it properly but I just wanted to post for anyone having any automatic issues PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not carry on driving your car it will eventually get worse and could end up costing you thousands. Also always listen to your own instincts and not what the cars ecu says or the aa because I'm kicking myself now knowing this started back in August and May not have cost as much as it's going to now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another update:

Had diagnostics done and the gear box is burnt out and is leaking pressure from the valve body. Also needs a new cat apparently as it's blocked up.

Quoted £1500 to fix it not including the cat :0
I've got aa parts cover so it's more £1000.
I'm going to fix it, I love this cat and tbh I think I could go and buy another auto and it do the exact same thing.

P

·
0 Posts
Another update:

Had diagnostics done and the gear box is burnt out and is leaking pressure from the valve body. Also needs a new cat apparently as it's blocked up.

Quoted £1500 to fix it not including the cat :0
I've got aa parts cover so it's more £1000.
I'm going to fix it, I love this cat and tbh I think I could go and buy another auto and it do the exact same thing.
Good that the AA are going to help with some of cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Snowbelle, just wondering if you had resolved your automatic transmission fault? I recently bought a 307 (at auction) in New Zealand and have the same problem. Guessing its going to cost a lot of money to repair!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi,
I've kind of got it sorted but the car still has issues with not always setting off and the kick down doesn't always like to work.

I've given up on it now and bought a new car

P

·
0 Posts
Hi,
I've kind of got it sorted but the car still has issues with not always setting off and the kick down doesn't always like to work.

I've given up on it now and bought a new car
Sorry to hear you never got it sorted properly. Was a very nice car as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gear Box Problem

Hi Snowbelle,

I was just wondering if you found out what was wrong with your car after having it tested by the 'Planet'. I have exactly the same problem and have for years now. When I first bought this car second hand.. I had the transmission replaced but the problem still persists. Every now and then it goes away. I will be driving along and it slips into 2nd gear.. I could be travelling at a fast rate along a highway and clunk.. it jolts back into 2nd gear which is pretty annoying. I have to stop and restart and it goes away for a bit.. but returns. The two lights on the dash flash also. My auto-electrician told me this car slips into 2nd gear when it feels it is in stress. But there is no problem with the car. No one seems to be able to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts