Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an occasional problem(4 times since xmas) with my auto box. Car starts and then I move lever from Park into D(not sure if this has any effect) but then 'gearbox faulty' message appears. The first time it happened I turned engine off as didn't want to drive with it in limp mode, put it in park, tried to restart and starter wouldn't turn, after about 10 seconds it turned over and started in park.

Second time, same thing but wouldn't start for several minutes, when it did start selector was in neutral.

It's happened twice since and both times wouldn't restart in park, but started immediately in neutral.

No faults showing with diagbox except p1828 starting prevention signal(start lock), which I guess would show if I had tried to start the car in any position other than Park or neutral regardless of a fault.

I had a look in haynes to find the inhibitor switch and all it refers to is a multi switch and how to reposition it in a rotary manner.

Does anyone know if this mutli switch controls the starter inhibiting?

Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Yes the rotary switch does do the inhibit function but on older pugs and Renaults with this box they switched a relay which powered the starter trigger.

Not sure how its done with the modern fuseboxes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a look at this today and after removing air cleaner box, my switch doesn't resemble what is shown/described in the haynes manual. It doesn't appear to be adjustable, I removed two fixing bolts and it still doesn't want to come off, maybe it is just tight on the shaft?

I don't want to risk breaking it at this stage, so have left it for now.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts