Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if your side lights come on automatically with this finction on?

I notice when the dipped lights come on because of the icon on the dash but I'm not sure if I should be putting on side lights myself or if the car is already doing it.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Leviathan said:
Does anyone know if your side lights come on automatically with this finction on?

I notice when the dipped lights come on because of the icon on the dash but I'm not sure if I should be putting on side lights myself or if the car is already doing it.
Sides are on too. Not that it matters when dipped beam in on. If you turn the stalk to side lights you are turning the dip off!

G

·
If the auto headlamps are set and have activated then the sidelamp/headlamp knob on the end of the stalk is disabled, leaving dip/main beam as the only manual function.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
chopper1192 said:
If the auto headlamps are set and have activated then the sidelamp/headlamp knob on the end of the stalk is disabled, leaving dip/main beam as the only manual function.
That's not how it works on mine! If i turn it to the sides with auto on it overrides the auto function.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If lights are set to auto do the side lights go on automatically (minus dipped)?

Seems strange that lights go from off to dipped straight away with no middle ground. Not sure if sides are going on automatically - appears to go straight to dipped.

·
Registered
534 Posts
On Auto, the lights go on to dipped straight away. TBH no one should be using side lights (aka parking lights) to be driving around; they serve no useful purpose when the car is in motion.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Well said Joe! That's one of my pet hates, people driving around on sides. What is the point???

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Gazzaflem said:
My side lights are on all the time when in Auto mode? is that not how they should be?
What you driving? Are the rears on too? A lot of new cars have day running lights on the front.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Sounds like daylight running lights to me. Something similar to the leds on the front of the new audis.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sidelights always on while inAuto mode --> You can switch this off on the menu.

Sidelights always on is available for Italy etc where you need to have lights on on all major roads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stange road lights

Leviathan said:
If lights are set to auto do the side lights go on automatically (minus dipped)?

Seems strange that lights go from off to dipped straight away with no middle ground. Not sure if sides are going on automatically - appears to go straight to dipped.
Seems these cars do strange things with road lighting,How many of you know that your road lights switch off when you switch off the ignition,
Do you feel safe with this happening?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.