Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new user here, so apologies if I've posted in the wrong place, but I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

I recently bought a 307 HDi 1.6, 56 plate. Very pleased with it so far, but the headlights are annoying to say the very least. They turn on by themselves at the least little thing, e.g. passing under the shadow of a tree or bridge. They also occasionally switch on after I've stopped the car and taken the key out of the ignition, they flash on and off erratically for a minute or so. Is there any way to disable the "automatic" function ?

I've checked the owner's manual and also had a browse round other threads here. There is no option on the MFD to do with lighting, it doesn't have rain-sensitive wipers and it doesn't have the "follow-me-home" lighting option. Any ideas on how I can just disable the automatic lights myself without a visit to an expensive dealer for electronic diagnostics ? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I think it needs disabling with Planet. Where are you first? There may be someone near you with planet from this forum who will be much cheaper than the dealer.

I think the 'Planet Map' is in 'Maintainance' on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Perth ( Scotland, not Australia !! ). Never heard of Planet but I'll have a look around the maintenance section as you suggest, see if I can get any tips. Many thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is there a button on the end of your light stalk that says Auto?

If so, Turn the key to ignition, and hold it down for a few seconds.
Should hear a dong noise, and if you have a double lined MFD display, it will say auto lights off or something similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, thanks for the replies, and sorry for not getting back earlier - work has an annoying habit of getting in the way !

Anyhow, I'm going to try and get in touch with "Mr Planet" in Perth - there's a happy coincidence that he / she is so close ! - and see what transpires. There doesn't seem to be an "auto" option on the light stalk, and I'm blowed if I know where the light sensor is - as you say, I gather it's usually with the rain sensor, but if you don't have automatic wipers .... ?? If I can work out where it is, I'm toying with the idea of just disconnecting it, though that's probably a bad idea !

I've been through the owner's manual from cover to cover, but that's not much help ! At the end of the day it's no big deal, but it just bugs me that these things appear to be built in with no easy way of switching them off !

·
Registered
76 Posts
With the lights flicking with the ignition off, it sounds like there could be an electrical fault somewere, so I don't think disabling the auto lights is going to fix this.

Are you sure you definitely have Auto Lights, and there not just faulty standard lights?:lol: Maybe your only noticing it when going under trees etc because of the sudden darkness? Do they work normally at night time? and have you checked they are not just constantly on?

I'm sure there should be a button on the end of your light stalk. If not, maybe someone has removed it in the past? Are there any options on the multi function display for personalisation/car parameters?

The sensor should definitely be under the rear view mirror.

Only other thing I can think of is that running lights have been enabled in the BSI settings. But this shouldn't cause flickering.

Sorry it's not an exact answer to your problem, but it's all i can really think it could be :p.

Good luck anyways

·
Registered
320 Posts
The rain sensor is part of the rear view mirror cluster,the light sensor is a little dome like thing sticking out from the centre of your dashboard right in the middle on the top near the windscreen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
To enable/disable auto lights turn ignition to first position ie the position where the battery light comes on but all the other lights do not come on, then press and hold the button on the end of the indicator stalk untill you hear a loud beep and a message will appear on the mfd. :thumb:

S

·
0 Posts
And for anyone wondering about "follow me home" lights i believe every 307 has these

Simply remove keys and flash headlights, they will stay on for a minute then go off, found this to be very useful :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts