Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a peogeut 206 with automatic gearbox, when I stick in traffic for a long time ( 1 hour or more) the gears change uncommon. they change in high revolution like 4500 or 5000 and manual mode don't work, it shows number of gear like 1, 2,.. but I can't change it. in this situation temperature gage goes up to 100 degree. what is the problem?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm no expert but The Flinstones had the best solution to transmission issues, punch a hole in the bottom and use ya feet for driving and braking, it will save you a fortune on petrol/services and you will loose heaps of weight!!!!

Ha, ha only kidding, if the temp is going up then it could be an oil disturbance, check the car for any leaks then check the oil chambers..:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Atf

My Experience:
I have a similar prblm ... after driving for few hours in extreme heat (in DUBAI) the gear shift is not smooth... and it doesnt shift until u pumb the pedal several times ... then the car jumps and the engine couples suddenly...
When that happens several times... the indicators on the dashboard start to flash (snow and sport lights kept flashing)..

Solution:
I open the gear box and discover that there was a leak and the ATF level kept droppin...
My advice: check the Transmission oil level and fill it up .. and keep an eye on it ... and pray that u dont have a leak!

·
Registered
27 Posts
mbineshaq said:
My Experience:
I have a similar prblm ... after driving for few hours in extreme heat (in DUBAI) the gear shift is not smooth... and it doesnt shift until u pumb the pedal several times ... then the car jumps and the engine couples suddenly...
When that happens several times... the indicators on the dashboard start to flash (snow and sport lights kept flashing)..

Solution:
I open the gear box and discover that there was a leak and the ATF level kept droppin...
My advice: check the Transmission oil level and fill it up .. and keep an eye on it ... and pray that u dont have a leak!

Hi

R u stil using d car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts