Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have noticed that my automatic gearbox is working noisy.
The gears are changing smoothly without any problem but I can hear the gearbox.
Where is the problem?

Thank you,
Arek

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What year is the car? Do you know which automatic gearbox is fitted? How many miles/kilometres has it covered?
Hi Paul,

Car: 2015 plate
A-Gearbox: Aisin Warner EAT6 - T9F 2 22B 50A - Oil: 9734 R7 (JWS 3324)
Car's mileage: 61000 miles (ca. 98,170 km)

Regards,
Arek

2015 2.0 Blue HDi 150 Peugeot 308 Allure SW

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it the gearbox or the power steering? I get some whining noise every now and then, on the left-front side of the car (sound like coming from under the dashboard), and since mine is a 2015 GT with left hand side steering, I was thinking this could be from the power steering...Gearbox has not crossed my mind until now...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Paul,

Car: 2015 plate
A-Gearbox: Aisin Warner EAT6 - T9F 2 22B 50A - Oil: 9734 R7 (JWS 3324)
Car's mileage: 61000 miles (ca. 98,170 km)

Regards,
Arek

2015 2.0 Blue HDi 150 Peugeot 308 Allure SW
UPDATE:

After analysing the sounds I think it isn't the gearbox.
On Neutral gear I accelerated the engine and that noisy sound increased.
Do not know what is it.
It looks like a faulty bearing? I don't know. I didnt replaced the alternator belt yet.

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the noise increases without the car moving then it must be something to do with engine. There are many items that could be causing the noise if it is something on the auxiliary belt - alternator, pulleys, etc. A stethoscope would help to locate the source.

·
Registered
888 Posts
What kind of noise? How loud? You can hear it only while accelerate in first or second gear? Try with A/C off. Compressor can be the source, but this is not necessary sign of any fault.

·
2,588 Posts
Take off the aux drive belt and see if the noise goes....sounds more like alternator/aircon pump..could also be water pump but that will be hard to test

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take off the aux drive belt and see if the noise goes....sounds more like alternator/aircon pump..could also be water pump but that will be hard to test
Hi,

thank you for advice.
I personally can't do it without instruction. I am not a car mechanic.

How long should I keep the engine running until the engine gets overheating?

Thanks,
Arek

·
Registered
14,887 Posts
Water pumps are mostly driven by the timing belts nowadays but if its a 1.2 it may well be driven by auxiliary belt running for a few minutes without the belt wont do any harm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Water pumps are mostly driven by the timing belts nowadays but if its a 1.2 it may well be driven by auxiliary belt running for a few minutes without the belt wont do any harm.
Hi,

my car is 2.0 BlueHDi 150 diesel.

Regards,
Arek

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe this is a turbocharged engine so could it be turbo-whine? If it is a developing turbo problem then get it looked at immediately. A common problem is that the oil feed and return pipes to/from the turbo become blocked-up with carbonised oil. This happens when engines are switched off immediately after the engine has been worked hard without allowing the turbo to cool down slowly and the oil 'cooks' in the feed and return pipes. This starves the turbo of lubricating oil and causes turbo failure. It is much cheaper to get the pipes changed before this happens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I believe this is a turbocharged engine so could it be turbo-whine? If it is a developing turbo problem then get it looked at immediately. A common problem is that the oil feed and return pipes to/from the turbo become blocked-up with carbonised oil. This happens when engines are switched off immediately after the engine has been worked hard without allowing the turbo to cool down slowly and the oil 'cooks' in the feed and return pipes. This starves the turbo of lubricating oil and causes turbo failure. It is much cheaper to get the pipes changed before this happens.
Hi,

thank you for your answer.
I am trying to let engine running for 30s to 1 min after longer drive.
The problem is Auto-Stop function where the engine is stopped automatically.
I am trying to switch this function off as often as I remember.
But I think/believe designers of this car took it into consideration.

EDITED:

I have a garage appointment next Saturday booked, for auxiliary belt replacement so will see what is going on with this sound, I believe.

Regards,
Arek

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If it's the end of your journey just unclip your seatbelt before releasing the clutch pedal as this will disable the stop / start system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,

what on-line car parts shop you would recommend for buying a new alternator?

NEW REVERSIBLE ALTERNATOR
VALEO(ALTERNAT) - IST60C025

VALEO(ALTERNAT) - IST60C020

or 98 079 955 80

I don't know what is the difference between them buy found them on Service Box.
I searched Google but no results.

Thank you,
Arek

·
Registered
888 Posts
Reversible alternator is combo alternator/starter. You can find it in e-HDi models. BlueHDi have classic two device - starter and alternator - again.
This reversible model is designed to reduce weight and vibrations due to elastic connections by belt - no gearing with flywheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE:

After the garage visit: diagnose - air con compressor pump is making this noise.

Damned new cars.

Enjoy your beautiful weekend.

Arek

1 - 20 of 20 Posts