Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1.6 306 with the AL4 automatic gearbox.
Since I have had it the snow sports lights would flash probably once every journey but turning the engine off and on would clear it and it would run ok.

I did some reading and decided that I would change the oil, which I did, followed the instructions and away I went.
After a few miles the box started playing up and so I have changed the oil again (this time for peugeot oil) and it ran like a dream, no jerking during gear change and really responsive.

Then about 60 motorway miles later the snow sports lights began to flash again and the car felt like it had lost all power.
It seems as though it is slipping like crazy, then I turn the engine off and on and it's fine for a very short period before losing all power and having to rev to about 3000-4000 rpm to engage a gear!

I never reset the ecu after oil change, would this affect the car in this way?

If not, does anyone know what it could be and how I could fix it please!

Spoken to Peugeot dealer over the phone and they basically told me I would need a new box at £1500.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've run a diagnostic on this AL4 Automatic gearbox using PP2000 and it has thrown up a couple of faults
- Fault in pressure regulation
- Intermittent fault Slip (Clutch / Brakes)

The in line pressure whilst idle what around the 6.0 bar mark too

Anyone with any experience and knowledge on how I should proceed in fixing this myself?

Thanks in advance

Ben

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I hope there is someone that can help me with the following problem.
I have a 306 1.6 with the dreaded AL4/DPO gearbox.
I have the following faults flagging up in diagnostics
- Intermittent fault. Fault in pressure regulation. Variation / recommendation.
- Intermittent fault. Slip (clutch / brakes)
- Intermittent fault. Vehicle speed information consistency. Cohernence

I have replaced the 2 solenoid vales at the top of the hydraulic block for the new Borg Warner type and reflashed the gearbox ECU with the up to date software to go with it.

I have drained, refilled and levelled the gearbox oil with the correct 4HP20 stuff bought from Peugeot.

Taken it for a spin and the problem is still there, basically I can drive it for a couple of hundred meters before it begins to slip and rev like crazy whilst trying to drive anywhere.

The car loses complete power, its as though the clutch has gone, but then I turn the ignition off and back on and it is fine again for a couple of minutes.

Does anyone have any ideas / solutions to my problem.

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts