Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

last few times when it was raining I notice strange front wipers behavior regarding speed. At start it is all ok, but than after few minutes they start working in mode for storm even it's normal or even slow raining. I cleaned front glass and it was OK for a day or two but then all happened again. Do you have similar problems and what can I do except go to service?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Occasionally my wipers misbehave - swaying permanently with very little or no more rain, but just for a while. I don't know where is sensor - behind the windshield at the top or in a rear-view mirror ....?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've experienced that, too - actually on two 308's. it surprises me how it managed to become approved for consumer use, because its more or lessuseless, and the comfort with it isn't there at all. Every time it rains, it either moves to slow compared to how much it rains, or sometimes it doesn't move at all.
Overall, it's just a terrible one. Weird, since I haven't experienced that on any other Peugeot car before that had it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Huh, misbehavior I mentioned occurs once at month, or something like that. Since the "fault" is not to big at all and quite rare I not consider it as problem. All at all, I'm very happy with it. Not much different from my former Scenic. So, I approx. 10 years live with this kind of wipers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same sort of issues with mine. Not made any better by not having a sensitivity control. Also find that when the auto wipers are on if the auto headlights also kick in then the wipers tends to activate too much. It does mention in the handbook that there is some sort of link between the two but in my experience its not that successful.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Same sort of issues with mine. Not made any better by not having a sensitivity control. Also find that when the auto wipers are on if the auto headlights also kick in then the wipers tends to activate too much. It does mention in the handbook that there is some sort of link between the two but in my experience its not that successful.
Yes, there is some link between wipers and headlights, but not this way you think.
1. When Auto light mode is on in case of low outer light headlights will switch on
2. At same time instruments light will be dimmed and switches will lit.
So, switching treshhold is the same for both.
However, In case of rain and auto wipers kicks in, mentioned treshold will split: headlights will switch on even if the outer light is not low, but instruments lights will behave as before - will switch on when outer light became low as usual.
This easy can be seen when you drive in the tunnel while raining - headlight is already automatically switched on and when you enter the tunnel instruments lights will dimm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, there is some link between wipers and headlights, but not this way you think.
1. When Auto light mode is on in case of low outer light headlights will switch on
2. At same time instruments light will be dimmed and switches will lit.
So, switching treshhold is the same for both.
However, In case of rain and auto wipers kicks in, mentioned treshold will split: headlights will switch on even if the outer light is not low, but instruments lights will behave as before - will switch on when outer light became low as usual.
This easy can be seen when you drive in the tunnel while raining - headlight is already automatically switched on and when you enter the tunnel instruments lights will dimm.
Of course, your right, thats it. The headlights come on for me more or less whenever the auto wipers become activated, which I can see the underlying logic of, but it seems. bit too sensitive.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The auto headlights come on whenever the wipers are active, whether they are in auto mode or manual.
French law requires headlights to be on when it's raining, maybe also in other countries too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The auto headlights come on whenever the wipers are active, whether they are in auto mode or manual.
French law requires headlights to be on when it's raining, maybe also in other countries too.
Hm, not in my case. Law is, I believe, the same here. Lights never goes on immediately when wipers kicks in, but after a while. I'll check with garden hose in a sunny day, to be quite sure.
Manual said: "They can also
come on if rain is detected, at the same time as
automatic operation of the windscreen wipers."
And: "Do not cover the sunshine sensor,
coupled with the rain sensor and
located in the centre of the windscreen
behind the rear view mirror; the
associated functions would no longer
be controlled."
So I believe that is light-on treshold a bit higher when raining.

·
6,431 Posts
Lights come on after around 1 min of wipers if auto wipers activate. Common issue is poorly fitted sensor air bubbles under silicone pad when windscreen is replaced or not fully seated on screen causes wipers to go mad as sensor things air bubble is water. Also some models use a longer wiper blade for auto wipers so it wipes sensor when wipers operate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have the same symptoms in my 308SW 2014.

Auto wipers are not to rely as they are not efficient. The most common problem for me is that hey are never working at a proper speed vs the amount of rain, everytime I have to cancel the auto mode and select a manual speed.

I have noticed this since very early on when I bought the car.

Most probably the sensor is not top quality, as my wifes 3008 auto whipers are always working properly with the amount of rain, and they are far more sensitive to rain drops, and not to mention that 3008´s have a big windscreen so in theory it should be harder for the sensor to detect the rain.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts