Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying an automatic diesel 407.
How good are the autos.
I have seen the 2.0 hdi, 2.2 hdi and the 2.7

Any advice on any of them.

The old knee is playing up and although the manual 407 i have is great i need a new one.

Russ

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Bill. I’m feeling sorry for you seeing that no one has written anything in response to your question. My dad had a C5 with a 2.0 RHR with the 6 speed auto back in the day. Brilliant, especially in sports mode! I currently drive a 407 with that engine, but with the manual. I can definitely say that the auto is the better option. It handles the power delivery of the diesel much better. In most circumstances it will be a quicker car. Here’s where I'm running short on experience. I believe that it’s an AM6 transmission which I’m told is very good. I’m relying on hear-say of others. For your sake I do hope that someone with more hands-on experience can fill you in more on the good and the bad of that transmission.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, Yes i too have had a C5 auto, in fact i am looking for one now, also looking for the 407 auto diesel,Between them 2 cars i would be happy, Trouble is all i am looking at are miles away, you know what it is like, perfect example, outstanding etc, until you get there and its a dog.

I have a manual 407 now but would like an auto to replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts