Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M*******s got paid to do a smearing article. Simple.

Cant imagine how 3008 is behind Ford Kuga and Quasqai, both terrible cars.
Agree
He seemed to leave no stone unturned to find fault, nitpick and demonstrate a subjective bias........the mishmash called Kuga is laughable in comparison.

· Registered
84 Posts
Like all reviews, they're subjective and carry their own bias for whatever reason. I've read opposing and conflicting opinions on many aspects of this car... but I try to take the overall consensus, which is very positive on the whole.

I was also listening to one video review where the guy mentioned that on the press trip, many scoffed at the small steering wheel, but he actually thought it worked pretty well.... and you can just imagine these snotty reviewers and their boys club mentality at such events!

· Registered
204 Posts
Wow. I have just changed from the qashqui (drove it for three years) which is pants in comparison! 3008 beats it in every sense... no contest!

Handling is fantastic, the qashqui has more body roll and under steer compared to the Peugeot.

The small steering wheel is fab - is a dream to drive.

This review is nonsense!

· Registered
18 Posts
If it was German

To be honest as it’s not from a German manufacturer it was always going to be second best. Most motoring journalists are biased to the likes of VW, BMW and AUDI and their perceived quality.
I believe that if the 3008 had a VW badge on it and the Ateca/Tiguan had a Peugeot one the review would have been totally different but as long as all of those who have or are waiting for (me included ) a 3008 are happy and have not fallen for the press bias that’s all that matters.
At least we are not following the crowd, well only the growing fans of the 3008 one.

· Registered
1,616 Posts
I haven't had time to read it properly yet but is this a new review? I remamber a similar review, I thought by Autocar, where the reviewer compared the 3008 to the Ateca so many times the comments below questioned whether in fact it was a review for the Ateca!

· Registered
314 Posts
End of the day it's just one mans opinion. I'm sure I read this review a while ago and it stood out for me because it was the only one I read that didn't enthuse about the car. He's either got an agenda or just wasn't impressed..either way he's in the minority.

· Registered
620 Posts
Likewise, the 3008’s boot isn’t quite as capacious as that of a Volkswagen Tiguan, for example, but with 520 litres (1580 litres seats down) of easily accessible space, it is big enough to escape criticism.
Hmm.. 520dm3 / 1482dm3 or 591/1670 litres according to the brochure.

Not sure where the sizing he has came from.

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
All the motoring magazines have their favourites I think.

Top Gear magazine always hail the BMW models.

In last months 'All cars reviewed' feature magazine, every model BMW had 9 or 10 out of 10.

Wouldn't surprise me if these so called independent motoring magazines have their unofficial 'funders'.

Paul

· Registered
314 Posts
Likewise, the 3008?s boot isn?t quite as capacious as that of a Volkswagen Tiguan, for example, but with 520 litres (1580 litres seats down) of easily accessible space, it is big enough to escape criticism.
Hmm.. 520dm3 / 1482dm3 or 591/1670 litres according to the brochure.

Not sure where the sizing he has came from.
The boot size is from the original 3008...the seats down figure anyway. I wonder if he got the right car to test!

· Registered
544 Posts
Wow. I have just changed from the qashqui (drove it for three years) which is pants in comparison! 3008 beats it in every sense... no contest!

Handling is fantastic, the qashqui has more body roll and under steer compared to the Peugeot.

The small steering wheel is fab - is a dream to drive.

This review is nonsense!
I've just driven a Qashqai for 3 years too, JupiterMan and the only thing that's better on it than my 3008 is that there are no dents or scratches on the roof.:lol:

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm my biggest critic when it come to bias, but I just couldn't believe the negative angle he adopted on every aspect.
I wonder what he thinks of the Car of the Year award system then, or does he think it's all down to French arm twisting..........the Germans don't do that sort of thing, I'm led to believe:nono:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.