Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the rain-sensing function be disabled? I'd much rather revert to a plain old fixed intermittent wipe!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Pretty sure the function can be turned off using PP2000 but it may also be possible to turn it off using the MFD options. I don't have this feature so don't know from personal experience.

The manual intermittent wipe on my 307 is in my opinion poorly implemented. At speed on the motorway the delay is so short it's almost like having the wipers set to slow continuous and at normal town speeds the delay is way too long. I would much prefer to have the old fashioned variable delay that you could get on higher spec pre ECU cars.

G

·
0 Posts
Planet can alter the sensitivity of the wipers, but it can't disable them.

As an option though, you can unplug the sensor and the car will revert to normal delay wipers but by doing this you will lose your auto-lights feature as they share the sensor ( sort of )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Planet can alter the sensitivity of the wipers, but it can't disable them.

As an option though, you can unplug the sensor and the car will revert to normal delay wipers but by doing this you will lose your auto-lights feature as they share the sensor ( sort of )
I don't use auto-lights either so I'll try unplugging the sensor - where is it please?

G

·
0 Posts
On my 406 its behind the mirror itself.

The mirror will pop off the ball like a standard mirror, and behind the plastic shroud is a teeny tiny connector.

Your car may be different, so have a check and take your time doing it - some bits may be a bit hard to remove so gently does it.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
On my 3008 the auto wiper function is disabled simply by flicking the wiper stalk up to the first position and then down again. You can then re-enable it by flicking the stalk down.

G

·
0 Posts
Oh, I guess my 406 is a bit dated then........

If there is a way of doing it without the faff of removing the mirror, then I guess thats the best way :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts