Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help

When I put my wiper stalk up to auto it sets the wipers to auto. When I get ou of the car and go back and restart it the wipers are at manual even all thought the stalk is still in the auto position. Do you have to set them everytime you are in the car

Cheers
Allan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the reply. Not exactly auto wipers if you have got to keep switching them on and off is it.

Thanks for the quick reply

C

·
0 Posts
Rain sensors affordable enough to fit in mass market cars are, quite frankly, shite. This is why the wipers either go mental in drizzle, or not enough in a monsoon. Poor at best.

Manufacturers know this, and that is why they all have the same switching arrangement. Without you'd a) very quickly go mental, and b) very quickly have worn out wipers and a scratched screen from where the wipers have been coming on inapproprately.

You're really into S class or 7 series territory before they're decent enough to be totally auto, ie, set to work without human intervention. I don't think we can complain we're not getting S class gadgetry functionality when we're paying used Peugeot prices.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that

I had a C Class mercedes before and they were totally automatic. As you say you pay for what you get.

Laziness on my part anyway.

Cheers
Allan

C

·
0 Posts
Hey, my middle name is 'Lazy'.

At least it should be, but my Dad couldn't be bothered...

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
The other reason you have to reset the auto mode is so when it's icy the
wipers don't try to start and burn out the motor! When the 307 first came out it didn't need reset everytime but when they were stuck to the windscreen in winter Pug were out a fortune in warranty claims.

As chops says tho, they're a bit pants anyway...

C

·
0 Posts
I'd disable the function if I could. I may have a fiddle on Planet and see.

I know far better how well I can see than the car does.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
chopper1192 said:
I'd disable the function if I could. I may have a fiddle on Planet and see.

I know far better how well I can see than the car does.
definately an option i have seen in planet, under cust. options i think:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts