Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had auto wipers on a Honda Accord which worked reasonably well and usually selected a reasonable speed.

The auto wipers on my 307 seem to be either off or on maximum speed. Is this normal for a 307 or am I looking at a defective sensor? I know the car has had a windscreen replacement in the past as one of the old MoT's (viewed online) listed an advisory for a cracked screen and the screen on the car doesn't have a crack or chip anywhere in sight.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had auto wipers on a Honda Accord which worked reasonably well and usually selected a reasonable speed.

The auto wipers on my 307 seem to be either off or on maximum speed. Is this normal for a 307 or am I looking at a defective sensor? I know the car has had a windscreen replacement in the past as one of the old MoT's (viewed online) listed an advisory for a cracked screen and the screen on the car doesn't have a crack or chip anywhere in sight.
what sort of sensor is it ? a square or round . its usually the gel sticky pad . which can be replaced from ebay

·
Registered
126 Posts
Might sound stupid, but has happened to me.:eek:

First check the length of the wiper that passes over the sensor, and that it does actually pass over. The wipers are not of the same length and if the one that passes over the sensor is shorter it will cause the high speed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might sound stupid, but has happened to me.:eek:

First check the length of the wiper that passes over the sensor, and that it does actually pass over. The wipers are not of the same length and if the one that passes over the sensor is shorter it will cause the high speed.
I've checked, the wipers are covering the sensor. You're right though, it's not really something you'd consider though especially as looking up wiper blade sizes often gives 3 or 4 different results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts