Peugeot Forums banner

Auto locking

15K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Blaugrana314 
#1 · (Edited)
If I leave my car, a GT Line 3008 which I only picked up last Thursday, unlocked, only for a matter of minutes, when I attempt to lock it using my remote (not keyless) it doesn't work :confused: I have to put the the key in the ignition, turn it on then I can lock the car on exit. Recently, the vehicle will not unlock using the remote, I have to use the key but have be quick to avoid setting off the alarm by inserting the key into the ignition. Also, I tested the middle button on the remote, the headlight symbol, and.....nothing, nada, niente!
Apologies if this issue has already been addressed but I am new here & just feeling my feet. Don't get me started on all the other issues with the vehicle! :(

#4 ·
Just a thought.

If you left your car unlocked for a few minutes as you state, the car in those minutes would automatically lock itself, so if you try to lock it the key button won't work as its locked already.

You would therefore have to press unlock.

Also when using the middle button you have to hold it in for 3 seconds for it to work and activate your lights ...it's not a quick press only action.

As I say...just a thought.

Paul

#5 ·
Appreciated, Paul, but the car does not lock automatically anyway (another issue :rolleyes:) it remains unlocked but will not lock then with the remote. I have tried all sorts to no avail. Something is not right because occasionally the car will not unlock as I have said :D.

I have tried just a brief touch on the middle button as in the manual, I have held it down for a few seconds but all to no avail. My wife is now home so I am going to try the other fob:thumb:

#12 ·
Im sorry to hear that some of you are having problems guys. I have to say I'm very impressed with my car and loving everything about it , even getting used to drive mode holding the gears longer than id like. My previous car was an Audi Q3 s line !.4 TFSI and i like the Pug more than it.

#13 ·
Just left the car unlocked for 10mins, went back to check. Still unlocked but then I was unable to use remote so had to put key in ignition. On removing it I was able to lock it remotely. Definitely not operator error, my car seems to have a mind of its own. Bizarre :eek::eek:

#17 ·
If I'm understanding the manual correctly the car won't auto lock itself if you've been in it as you'll have opened / closed the door to get out. It indicates that it only auto locks if you haven't touched the car so for example if you accidentally unlock the car with the key in your pocket it should auto lock it again within 30 seconds.

#19 ·
Thanks guys but I am missing something here. I understood that the car locks itself after 30 seconds if you forget to lock it but also understand what you are saying. As regards my car, I am back to square one! I just left the car for a few minutes unlocked, went back to it to lock it but was unable to do so with the fob. I had to put the ignition key in, turn on electrics and heard the noise one hears when locking/unlocking. I exited the vehicle and then I was able to lock the car using the fob. :confused:

#22 ·
Hi Beards, only had the car less than a week and am awaiting contact from the dealer regarding a full size alloy spare wheel which we ordered back in March so we are waiting to go and collect. When we do I shall be addressing all the issues we have. That said, the dealership changed ownership whilst we were waiting for delivery. That, together with what I have read on the forum about the competence of most dealerships, does not inspire me with confidence. At least when we finally go to collect the wheel, I at least can demonstrate that I have tried to resolve the issues with the car and show that I have done my homework. :thumb:

#26 ·
Just an update. Received a call on Wednesday that our spare wheel had arrived. Arranged to go in this Friday morning which is when I will address all the issues with the car. BTW I couldn't unlock the car using the remote again last night. Had to use the key which briefly activated the alarm. Annoying thing is I bet everything works fine at the dealership :mad::mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.