Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I leave my car, a GT Line 3008 which I only picked up last Thursday, unlocked, only for a matter of minutes, when I attempt to lock it using my remote (not keyless) it doesn't work :confused: I have to put the the key in the ignition, turn it on then I can lock the car on exit. Recently, the vehicle will not unlock using the remote, I have to use the key but have be quick to avoid setting off the alarm by inserting the key into the ignition. Also, I tested the middle button on the remote, the headlight symbol, and.....nothing, nada, niente!
Apologies if this issue has already been addressed but I am new here & just feeling my feet. Don't get me started on all the other issues with the vehicle! :(

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have you tried the other remote that came with the car...does the same happen with that one too?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have you tried the other remote that came with the car...does the same happen with that one too?
Thanks for that, Shamilt, will try the other one. My wife has it & she's out at the moment. Not holding my breath with what's going on with the car regarding a host of other issues, some of which are being addressed on the forum.:thumb:

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
If I leave my car, a GT Line 3008 which I only picked up last Thursday, unlocked, only for a matter of minutes, when I attempt to lock it using my remote (not keyless) it doesn't work :confused: I have to put the the key in the ignition, turn it on then I can lock the car on exit. Recently, the vehicle will not unlock using the remote, I have to use the key but have be quick to avoid setting off the alarm by inserting the key into the ignition. Also, I tested the middle button on the remote, the headlight symbol, and.....nothing, nada, niente!
Apologies if this issue has already been addressed but I am new here & just feeling my feet. Don't get me started on all the other issues with the vehicle! :(
Just a thought.

If you left your car unlocked for a few minutes as you state, the car in those minutes would automatically lock itself, so if you try to lock it the key button won't work as its locked already.

You would therefore have to press unlock.

Also when using the middle button you have to hold it in for 3 seconds for it to work and activate your lights ...it's not a quick press only action.

As I say...just a thought.

Paul

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a thought.

If you left your car unlocked for a few minutes as you state, the car in those minutes would automatically lock itself, so if you try to lock it the key button won't work as its locked already.

You would therefore have to press unlock.

Also when using the middle button you have to hold it in for 3 seconds for it to work and activate your lights ...it's not a quick press only action.

As I say...just a thought.

Paul
Appreciated, Paul, but the car does not lock automatically anyway (another issue :rolleyes:) it remains unlocked but will not lock then with the remote. I have tried all sorts to no avail. Something is not right because occasionally the car will not unlock as I have said :D.

I have tried just a brief touch on the middle button as in the manual, I have held it down for a few seconds but all to no avail. My wife is now home so I am going to try the other fob:thumb:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciated, Paul, but the car does not lock automatically anyway (another issue :rolleyes:) it remains unlocked but will not lock then with the remote. I have tried all sorts to no avail. Something is not right because occasionally the car will not unlock as I have said :D.

I have tried just a brief touch on the middle button as in the manual, I have held it down for a few seconds but all to no avail. My wife is now home so I am going to try the other fob:thumb:
Just been out & tried what you suggested again, this time counted to three and guess what....it works on both fobs! Unbelievable as I have tried mine off and on over the last few days & now, all of a sudden it works. A big thank you for your help & advice :thumb:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Just been out & tried what you suggested again, this time counted to three and guess what....it works on both fobs! Unbelievable as I have tried mine off and on over the last few days & now, all of a sudden it works. A big thank you for your help & advice :thumb:
I have a feeling this stuff is going to annoy me more than prove to be of any actual benefit, beyond the "look mum, no hands" gimmickry.
Sorry about that.

So was there some sort of fault or was it procedural error?.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that, Shamilt, will try the other one. My wife has it & she's out at the moment. Not holding my breath with what's going on with the car regarding a host of other issues, some of which are being addressed on the forum.:thumb:
In case you didn't see my post, the other fob worked first time & now mine works too. Many thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a feeling this stuff is going to annoy me more than prove to be of any actual benefit, beyond the "look mum, no hands" gimmickry.
Sorry about that.

So was there some sort of fault or was it procedural error?.
I followed Shamilt's advice & tried my other fob which worked straight away. I then tried my own & that too now works, thankfully. However, it has been a struggle getting to this point. I would be the first to put my hands up if it was an operator error issue but, as with other things on the car, one day it works as per then next, it doesn't. I might go to unlock the vehicle today & find it doesn't work on the remote so have to use the key. All very puzzling ? still, onwards & upwards :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I followed Shamilt's advice & tried my other fob which worked straight away. I then tried my own & that too now works, thankfully. However, it has been a struggle getting to this point. I would be the first to put my hands up if it was an operator error issue but, as with other things on the car, one day it works as per then next, it doesn't. I might go to unlock the vehicle today & find it doesn't work on the remote so have to use the key. All very puzzling �� still, onwards & upwards :lol:
I hope it resolves itself and there are no further issues.
Not knowing exactly why or what is going on is the concern I have.

Apparently PSA are on track to re enter the U.S. market........they'll want to ensure a high satisfaction rating in the JD Power survey by ensuring this sort of stuff doesn't keep happening.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im sorry to hear that some of you are having problems guys. I have to say I'm very impressed with my car and loving everything about it , even getting used to drive mode holding the gears longer than id like. My previous car was an Audi Q3 s line !.4 TFSI and i like the Pug more than it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im sorry to hear that some of you are having problems guys. I have to say I'm very impressed with my car and loving everything about it , even getting used to drive mode holding the gears longer than id like. My previous car was an Audi Q3 s line !.4 TFSI and i like the Pug more than it.
Just left the car unlocked for 10mins, went back to check. Still unlocked but then I was unable to use remote so had to put key in ignition. On removing it I was able to lock it remotely. Definitely not operator error, my car seems to have a mind of its own. Bizarre :eek::eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just left the car unlocked for 10mins, went back to check. Still unlocked but then I was unable to use remote so had to put key in ignition. On removing it I was able to lock it remotely. Definitely not operator error, my car seems to have a mind of its own. Bizarre :eek::eek:
Looking through the manual you could try re-initialising the key:

Switch off the ignition.
Turn the key to position 2 (ignition on).
Press the closed padlock button for a few seconds.
Switch off the ignition and remove the key from the switch.
The remote control is now fully operational again.

Do you park next to an industrial sized magnet at all? :confused:

The blurb in the manual says:

When the vehicle automatically locks itself again (as happens if a door or
boot is not opened within 30 seconds of unlocking), the monitoring system is
also reactivated.

So the car will only lock itself if you haven't opened a door or the boot. I assume in your test you just unlocked it and walked away?

I can't see anything else so I guess it's back to the dealership. Sounds like an easy fault to replicate for them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looking through the manual you could try re-initialising the key:

Switch off the ignition.
Turn the key to position 2 (ignition on).
Press the closed padlock button for a few seconds.
Switch off the ignition and remove the key from the switch.
The remote control is now fully operational again.

Do you park next to an industrial sized magnet at all? :confused:

The blurb in the manual says:

When the vehicle automatically locks itself again (as happens if a door or
boot is not opened within 30 seconds of unlocking), the monitoring system is
also reactivated.

So the car will only lock itself if you haven't opened a door or the boot. I assume in your test you just unlocked it and walked away?

I can't see anything else so I guess it's back to the dealership. Sounds like an easy fault to replicate for them.
Thanks for all this. I did exactly that, actually forgot to lock the vehicle when I got home then after 5-10mins realised that it was insecure. Went to check the vehicle and saw immediately that it was not locked as the wing mirrors were in the drive position so tried the remote to lock it. Nothing. Had to then put the key in the ignition & turn on electrics, not start engine, heard the sound one hears when locking/unlocking the vehicle. Removed the key and all back to normal again.
I think your advice re reinitialising the key fob may do the trick. I'm hoping that is the case but as with some of the other issues fear the car has a mind of its own
With regards to the industrial size magnet, have now removed it away from the car & put it on eBay ;) any offers? :D::D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all this. I did exactly that, actually forgot to lock the vehicle when I got home then after 5-10mins realised that it was insecure. Went to check the vehicle and saw immediately that it was not locked as the wing mirrors were in the drive position so tried the remote to lock it. Nothing. Had to then put the key in the ignition & turn on electrics, not start engine, heard the sound one hears when locking/unlocking the vehicle. Removed the key and all back to normal again.
I think your advice re reinitialising the key fob may do the trick. I'm hoping that is the case but as with some of the other issues fear the car has a mind of its own
With regards to the industrial size magnet, have now removed it away from the car & put it on eBay ;) any offers? :D::D
As an update, did as you instructed & reinitialed both fobs. Got out of the car without locking it. Waited a good minute but the car did not automatically lock itself :nono: Then used remote to lock it successfully and unlock it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I'm understanding the manual correctly the car won't auto lock itself if you've been in it as you'll have opened / closed the door to get out. It indicates that it only auto locks if you haven't touched the car so for example if you accidentally unlock the car with the key in your pocket it should auto lock it again within 30 seconds.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My B180 does that if I unlock it but do not open the door it auto locks its self in 30 seconds

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys but I am missing something here. I understood that the car locks itself after 30 seconds if you forget to lock it but also understand what you are saying. As regards my car, I am back to square one! I just left the car for a few minutes unlocked, went back to it to lock it but was unable to do so with the fob. I had to put the ignition key in, turn on electrics and heard the noise one hears when locking/unlocking. I exited the vehicle and then I was able to lock the car using the fob. :confused:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please see my recent post, back to square one! Going to keep the industrial magnet, might come in useful for scrapping the car, ha, ha!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts