Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very pleased with my Pug but there's one thing I can't get.
I have keyless entry and an auto opening boot (using your foot/keyfob or dash) - when the boot is open and you wish to close you would normally press the red button. I took it from the manual that if you wanted to close the boot and lock all the doors you would press the black button ,beside the red, until the green LED came on, then press the red.
Doesn't work so 2 questions:-
1. how do you lock all the doors when closing the boot?
2. what is the black button for?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I've spent a bit of time understanding the handsfree tailgate last weekend.

From what I remember, with the car locked, if you wave your foot under the rear bumper, the car unlocks itself and the tailgate opens electronically. When finished, if you just wave your foot again underneath, the tailgate closes, but the car doesn't lock back up again.

If however, when the tailgate is open, you push the black button, the LED on the button comes on. Waving my foot underneath, then causes the tailgate to close, the car locks and the door mirrors fold in.

The red button is an alternative to waving your foot I believe. I don't think I tried pushing the black button and then the red button, but would 'assume' it locks the car back up.

Then of course you can use the button inside the car to open and close the boot.

However as I have found, the profile and car settings can affect the behaviour of the tailgate, causing me much confusion!

·
Registered
120 Posts
The black button on the tailgate toggles automatic locking. If the green LED is lit the car will automatically lock when you close the tailgate.

You can also change the settings on the car menu so that opening the tailgate doesn't unlock the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I'm not sure if I'm further forward but I'm grateful for these replies from friends on the forum.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm further forward but I'm grateful for these replies from friends on the forum.
Just drove home and switched off the engine. Got out and went to boot. Used foot to open tailgate electronically and it opened. I then pushed the black button to lock and then the red button to close the tailgate, The tailgate closed, but the car did not lock. I had to go to the front handles to lock the car. Strange?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Very confusing. Been back to try some things with the tailgate. Bear with my waffling on:

I unlocked the car using the front handsfree handles. Used my foot to open the tailgate. Then pressed the black button so the green LED came on. Using my foot to close the tailgate, the car then locked itself back up, mirrors folded in. It seems that it works ok if you open and close using the same foot method.

Tried the same, opening with my foot but then pushing the black button and then the red button to close. Tailgate shuts but car doesn't lock.

When I tried a similar procedure a bit later, when I opened the tailgate with my foot, the black button green light was already on?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The car will only lock if you use the kick function while the green led is lit on the black button, if you use the red button to close the car will not lock.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Tried the same, opening with my foot but then pushing the black button and then the red button to close. Tailgate shuts but car doesn't lock.

When I tried a similar procedure a bit later, when I opened the tailgate with my foot, the black button green light was already on?
Quick question:- Whilst the boot is open AND the Green light is ON: What happens if you then press the Red button.
Does it now close the boot AND lock the vehicle?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, it will only lock the car if the green light is lit AND you use the kick function to close the boot

iirc the icon on the black button shows a padlock and a foot :)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
No, it will only lock the car if the green light is lit AND you use the kick function to close the boot

iirc the icon on the black button shows a padlock and a foot :)
Many thanks. I looked again and can see the foot icon. Did wonder what the icon was trying to show! The manual is dreadful with things like the operation of this. Our forum members are far more informative.

So the bottom line is the lock button with the LED on the inside of the tailgate, is only for locking the car back up fully when using the foot opening / closing method. Cheers Norseman :thumb:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Okay, now I am confused... What is the point of the Red button?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I guess just another alternative method of closing the tailgate, without waving your foot under the bumper.

Reactions: Beards

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I guess just another alternative method of closing the tailgate, without waving your foot under the bumper.
I'll be glad when my order arrives. I am so used to being able to plan and control. The manual is a blinking nightmare. :eek:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I don't even like the idea of waving your foot whilst standing under the hatch but I guess if you have both hands occupied with goods it means you leave the car locked, because the whole idea is that your hands are too full to resort to the fob....I guess.
I'm going to suggest the dealership runs night school for owners at this rate.:confused:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don't even like the idea of waving your foot whilst standing under the hatch but I guess if you have both hands occupied with goods it means you leave the car locked, because the whole idea is that your hands are too full to resort to the fob....I guess.
I'm going to suggest the dealership runs night school for owners at this rate.:confused:
Neither do I Dave. I have enough trouble just balancing these days without having to perform as a Morris Dancer.
I did think of resting my hand on the cars boot to steady myself but that idea quickly vacated the brain as not one of my finest thoughts.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I find the kick to open feature to be very hit and miss and don't even bother using it anymore. This might have something to do with the towbar that was fitted?

Anyway, just to add another spin on it, there are two buttons above the rear number plate. One unlocks/opens the boot the other locks the car.

The second button is on the far right and is smaller than the opener one.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I find the kick to open feature to be very hit and miss and don't even bother using it anymore. This might have something to do with the towbar that was fitted?

Anyway, just to add another spin on it, there are two buttons above the rear number plate. One unlocks/opens the boot the other locks the car.

The second button is on the far right and is smaller than the opener one.
I think it might be your towbar install. On my GT, every single time I have used it to open or close, it has worked correctly. Especially when impressing people with it, wouldn't want it to not work!

Good point about the second button. Very easily missed. I think this is the actual lock button for the car, when you have closed the tailgate without using your foot.

Its a voyage of discovery the 3008, it really is.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The manual does state....
The function may not work correctly with a prosthetic leg.
The function may not work correctly if your vehicle is fitted with a towbar.

..so I think you are right :thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts