Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the 508 and I try various things just to see how stuff works. I just discovered an "undocumented feature": auto-hold (sort of).
While stationary, even if there is no other car in front, hold the brake pedal, turn on the active cruise control and set any speed. Wait 3 seconds until (A) control light shows on the dash. Now you can disable ACC and release the brake - car won't budge until you press the gas pedal.
Not sure if it's a useful feature, but I was told that engaging the parking brake while on red light might put a lot of strain on it and it could wear prematurely. Additionally, this "auto-hold" method keeps the engine off if start&stop decided to switch it off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Auto-hold uses the ABS pump to hold the brake pressure you've applied through the pedal when stopped. Its there to assist hill-starts to stop roll-back.

Once you apply the accelerator and there is sufficient engine power to overcome the brake hold, it releases the brakes so that you can drive off without rolling into the car infront/behind

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Auto-hold uses the ABS pump to hold the brake pressure you've applied through the pedal when stopped. Its there to assist hill-starts to stop roll-back.
I think Peugeot calls it "Hill assist". I saw "Auto-hold" in German cars - the brake pressure would be maintained whenever you stopped (not only to prevent rolling back on inclines)
In Peugeots Hill assist activates automatically, but some conditions have to be met, such as an incline over certain degree and it only holds the car for 2 seconds.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think there's an Auto Hold feature in Peugeot 508 II .At least it doesn't work the same way as what our Mercedes-Benz does .However, I have noticed that when you turn on the ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) the car stops on its own and goes off when you hit the gas pedal or press the correct button in front of the steering wheel .This is some kind of auto hold . I don't know about wear and tear but sometimes , I select the N and activate the electronic parking brake when I wait for the traffic lights or waiting for anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you can just engade the electronic parking brake (without shifting to N) and hit the accelerator if you want to get moving again. Just the start stop system is disabled if you engage the electronic parking brake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts