Peugeot Forums banner

Auto hold?

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Mark Clayton 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just got a 508 SW, 65 plate. It has the electric handbrake, of course, but I need to know.... When I come to a stop, is there a way to activate an auto hold? I have to engage the handbrake, because the only alternative is to keep my foot on the brake pedal, or the car creeps. My last car was just written off. The automatic courtesy cars had auto hold. Does my Allure 1.6 have this feature, and if so, how do I engage it? Thank you.

#2 ·
It's not the handbrake that operates the hold facility it's a function of the ABS system. Most models have the function listed in vehicle settings on the head unit of fitted

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
It appears the stop/start system isn't working too. Battery seems great. Seems many owners have problems with the stop/start system not working at all, or having a mind of its own. I'm not too bothered, but I'm assuming this system's failure is connected to the lack of auto hold. That's annoying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.