Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 407 6 speed auto. I have had to change the gearbox due to the old one failing. The new box will move the car normally for the first 10 yards and then stops as if the brakes have been applied. This happens in reverse too. No warning messages, Oil level seems correct....anyone any ideas as this is starting to become very expensive?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Maybe check if the brakes have been applied by jacking up one of the rear wheels to confirm the fault is with the transmission. Could it be slipping into Park - indicating cable adjustment needed? Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this ended up being a bit weird. The car would not take anymore gearbox oil without it coming out of the overflow. The car still would not move more than a few feet at a time. All the brakes were free. Eventually I drained the gearbox again to check the condition of the oil even though it was new. All looked ok so I refilled the gearbox again (starting to get expensive) and this time the gearbox took about a lire more oil than last time. All I can suggest is some sort of air-lock. Anyway the car now performs great so things are all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts