Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been checking levels on the car today and cannot find the level/drain plug on my Auto box.

The Haynes says it is a combined level/drain plug with a drain plug screwed into the level plug. Only thing I can see looks like just a drain plug and don't want to risk undoing that!

Anyone else checked the oil level on a 2.0 Hdi Auto and can shed any light on it's location please?

·
5,087 Posts
from what i can tell you right, is the plug you see on the side or the bottom of the box and does this picture make any sense

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what the haynes describes, just googled the issue and it seems the design may of changed, earlier ones may be like in your picture and the haynes, but have seen something about the later ones have just a plug visible to check the level. Then once that is removed you can apparently put a 8mm allen key through the hole and unscrew a plastic level tube to drain the oil.

The plug im looking at is on the bottom, not looked for the filler one on the side yet. Not sure I want to try undoing it in case it is just a drain!

Might just leave well alone, was just wishing to do a quick check of the oil level.

·
5,087 Posts
what year is yours??

·
5,087 Posts
scrap that i just looked at 08/11 and its the same info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts