Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the flashy tricks my D-turbo likes to show off is the wing mirrors fold in automagically when I lock the car, then when I turn the ignition they fold out again. However, being electric and French, they have grown temperamental. If I turn the key to the accessory position and leave them to fold out they deploy normally, but if I don't hesitate to let them open out they stop as the engine turns over and they just stick. I then have to recycle them using the switch on the driver door.
Now the passenger side mirror has begun resisting when I lock the car. Instead of folding away completely it stops at about 45 degrees.
I always liked the feature, but always suspected it would cause trouble (like when the snow and ice froze my mirrors folded over and it took 20 minutes of driving fluid to untsick them). Is there anyway to inhibit the song and dance? So when I lock up they just stay deployed? Also, has anyone experienced this? I suspect the motor is going for the mirror, but wanted to make sure. *sigh* thanks for reading my rambling.

·
Registered
144 Posts
flyingscotsman said:
One of the flashy tricks my D-turbo likes to show off is the wing mirrors fold in automagically when I lock the car, then when I turn the ignition they fold out again. However, being electric and French, they have grown temperamental. If I turn the key to the accessory position and leave them to fold out they deploy normally, but if I don't hesitate to let them open out they stop as the engine turns over and they just stick. I then have to recycle them using the switch on the driver door.
Now the passenger side mirror has begun resisting when I lock the car. Instead of folding away completely it stops at about 45 degrees.
I always liked the feature, but always suspected it would cause trouble (like when the snow and ice froze my mirrors folded over and it took 20 minutes of driving fluid to untsick them). Is there anyway to inhibit the song and dance? So when I lock up they just stay deployed? Also, has anyone experienced this? I suspect the motor is going for the mirror, but wanted to make sure. *sigh* thanks for reading my rambling.
Yes that can be turned off with pp2000
Don

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remember last winter before I had my battery replaced, the car would turn over very slow on the first startup of the day. On some occasions the mirrors wouldn't open without using the switch on the inside. Guess it priortises where the battery juice should be used!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too am having problems with my wing mirror. It stop about 45 degree on my driver side. Is this a case of putting some grease somewhere or is this an electrical problem. Could this be a MOT failure?

·
Registered
19 Posts
To Fold Or Not To Fold

I have been having random problems with the mirrors on my 1600 se auto since I bought it 20,000 miles ago. I accept it as part of the quirkiness of Peugeot electrics though it can be annoying. I have never had a problem with the manual door control switch.:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thought you could disable the auto folding mirrors so they always stayed out? It wouldn't fail any MOT if they don't fold at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts