Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought a 17reg 308 1.2 Puretech Allure. When I use the remote fob to lock, the door mirrors fold. When I use the remote fob to unlock, the door mirrors unfold.

However, I don't want the remote fob to control the door mirrors. I just want them to be controlled manually when I'm inside the car. Is it possible for me to disable the auto folding function of the remote fob without going to a dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, this is something that is possible by changing parameters in the BSI. Either you go to a Peugeot rep. to have it done, or you can try someone with diagbox and a good interface that can do it for you...

I have done exactly this that you want on my 2015 308 sw GT, with my interface and diagbox.

·
5,618 Posts
On most models you can change the settings by holding the button in the lock or unlock position with the ign on and it then normally give sound or message to activated or deactivated

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you fold the mirrors with the button in the car they will stay folded when you lock and then unlock the car. You will have to use the switch to unfold them.

Thats what the manual says anyway.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
If you fold the mirrors with the button in the car they will stay folded when you lock and then unlock the car. You will have to use the switch to unfold them.

Thats what the manual says anyway.
That's correct, i do that when putting my car in and out of my garage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, many thanks to those who replied.

Hi Windy1603, I have tried your method but it didn't work.

Hi Rosinsky, your method likely will work but as I still have 6 months of warranty left, I don't really want to use the diagbox to disable it. Besides, I don't have a diagbox at present.

I actually called my local dealer before joining this forum and they suggested set control A (button inside car) to either left or right position then use the remote fob to lock it. However, this didn't work as well.

I will call my local dealer again and let them know. I don't think they know the solution, therefore, I will ask them to contact Peugeot headquarters to obtain the solution. I think the solution is to use a diagbox or something similar to disable it :)

The handbook does say "The folding and unfolding of the door mirrors using the remote control can be deactivated by a Peugeot dealer or a qualified workshop".

It doesn't make sense to have the door mirrors folding and unfolding continually when entering and exiting the car. This could eventually wear out the motors and quite expensive to replace! :( Some people will need the auto folding function and some people will not need it like me. Therefore, Peugeot should have added this as an option in the menu to make it flexible.

·
5,618 Posts
If you give the swivels a spray of silicone or similar on a regular basis im sure they will last the mirrors still folded fine on my old 307 after 13 yrs and 280K miles

Try again with the ign switch in the Aux position if it has one

·
Registered
62 Posts
These motors will work forever, not a big concern. More likely you break them by hitting the rear view mirror on something than the motor getting ruined by normal use.
I also find the folding of the mirrors quite a good help, for confirming I have closed the doors when walking away...

The peugeot dealer will use their "diagbox" version to do the same...and charge you for it. I think using diagbox for doing this change alone would not invalidate warranty...how could they know you have used it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Windy1603,

It doesn't have an AUX position. I have tried the following:

1. IGN ACC position while holding the lock button on the remote fob and there was no feedback from the display. It didn't disable it.
2. IGN ACC position while holding the unlock button on the remote fob and there was no feedback from the display. It didn't disable it.
3. IGN ACC position while holding both lock and unlock buttons on the remote fob and there was no feedback from the display. It didn't disable it.
4. IGN ON (engine running) position while holding the lock button on the remote fob and there was no feedback from the display. It didn't disable it.
5. IGN ON (engine running) position while holding the unlock button on the remote fob and there was no feedback from the display. It didn't disable it.
6. IGN ON (engine running) position while holding both lock and unlock buttons on the remote fob and there was no feedback from the display. It didn't disable it.

A colleague has a 12 year old 307 and told me his car has the door mirrors auto function enabled all the time and has done 198k miles. The folding mirrors are still operating with no problems so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rosinsky,

As I still have 6 months of warranty left, I don't think my local dealer will charge me for this change.

If I had a diagbox and tried to change it, it could affect other settings which could invalidate the warranty because I have not used one before.

Yes, I agree the folded position indicates that the car has been locked. However, I prefer it to be changed because the reliability of the motors would be better if it was disabled. Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Rosinsky,

If I had a diagbox and tried to change it, it could affect other settings which could invalidate the warranty because I have not used one before.

Yes, I agree the folded position indicates that the car has been locked. However, I prefer it to be changed because the reliability of the motors would be better if it was disabled. Thanks
I disagree that you using diagbox could affect anything else, but this depends on how confident and experienced you are using it, of course.

Let me tell you that I think these motors, being kept unused for longer times is worse for them than being used every day...But of course, this is a decision for you to make, and I agree that this option should be readily available somewhere in the software or a small button.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Rosinsky,

If I had a diagbox and tried to change it, I could inadvertently change other settings and invalidate the warranty. It's a risk not worth taking. As I still have 6 months of warranty left, it would be better for the dealer to do it. I don't think they will charge me for this change.

Yes, I agree the folded position indicates that the car has been locked. However, I prefer it to be disabled in order to improve the reliability of the motors. If the dealer can't do it, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Rosinsky,

Sorry for the repeated post as I'm still finding my feet on this forum! :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
The lack of use is what causes the folding motor assembly to pack up & stop working.

The little scaletrix motors inside will sieze up if there not used / exercised regularly.

I've unsiezed plenty of 206 & other early PSA electric folding mirror motors over the years.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Plenty 206? Werent folding mirrors very rare on 206? I think only RC had them.

For the OP, I also don't see a reason to disable them, I recently sold 307 which was 12 old and folding mirrors work perfectly fine.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Its lack of use that siezes the folding function up.

There is a little scaletrix motor driving via a worm drive the folding function gearbox - this is controlled by a small PCB that senses current rise at end of cycle & shuts of the power.
12 volts goes in to PCB via the 2 wires for the power folding unit inside the mirror & depending on the polarity the mirror folds / unfolds. The polarty controls which way the mirror will try to move.

When the motor siezes, you tell the power folding function to move, it doesn't move as its siezed up & the PCB shuts the power off thinking the mirror is at one of the two end positions.

I managed to get a pair of folding mirrors cheap for my 206 as they both didnt work, didn't take long to sort them out so they power folded.

Early 206 BSI wouldn't allow folding or unfolding on remote fob as BSI hardware didnt support it.
Later BSI did & Planet required to change the function status.

206 RG, GT & GTI 180 / RC all had electric power folding mirrors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
206 RG, GT & GTI 180 / RC all had electric power folding mirrors.
My 206 GTi180 came with electric folding mirrors, however they did not fold when locking/unlocking - only via the mirror switch in the car.

Australian version.

On the reliability thing, the 207 GTi I owned for seven years was very reliable with regards to the mirrors (and everything else). When I got it I was dubious about whether the folding motors would last, but I had no issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts