Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 407 coupe, all the electrical extras are working, the only question I have is should the gear position makings; P , R, D etc by the lever be lit when the dash is illuminated??

·
5,087 Posts
Simple answer is no. stupid but no they dont light up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, every other auto I've had they have lit up, so I was wondering if a bulb had gone.

With that resolved the only fault I can find on the car is a poorly working washer jet. I'll blow it out with compressed air first and buy a new one if necessary.

Thanks again. Ian

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll get a replacement from the main stealer. Is there a separate retaining clip or are there small plastic retainers formed within the body of the jet?

Either way it should be obvious when I have the replacement, but best to be forewarned, in case the clip is a separate item.

I expect this is the first of many bits I'll be buying over time, we tend to keep our cars for quite some time.

I will need some advise on getting access to the workshop manual and parts catalogue.

Plus a diagnostic programme would be useful. I will do all my own servicing and repairs, wherever possible. I have a well stocked garage so generally can do most things mechanical, electrics less so unless it's just replacing faulty items and a bit of soldering.

Regards Ian

·
Registered
230 Posts
The clip s part of the jet itself - sort of pushes in on itself. I felt better about it once I had the new pair in my hand as you are able to see how it releases before you set about it with any weapons ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts