Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, yes sometimes, my gearbox gets stuck in Park. Sometimes when hot and in traffic, sometimes from cold first thing in the morning, and sometime somewhere in between. It occurs completely at random and, as far as I can see, with no other attendant fault. I doubt I'm doing it any good but knocking the gear stick hard to the right overcomes the sticking and allows me to carry on driving.

Does anyone have any clues as to where I might start to look for a fix?

Thanks,
Gaz

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sometimes, yes sometimes, my gearbox gets stuck in Park. Sometimes when hot and in traffic, sometimes from cold first thing in the morning, and sometime somewhere in between. It occurs completely at random and, as far as I can see, with no other attendant fault. I doubt I'm doing it any good but knocking the gear stick hard to the right overcomes the sticking and allows me to carry on driving.

Does anyone have any clues as to where I might start to look for a fix?

Thanks,
Gaz
I took it to a guy over the weekend who, having plugged the car into his PFM box, declared "nope, nothing wrong there mate".

So I now have a conundrum: there's 'nothing wrong' with the gearbox or any of the control systems that manage it, yet it continues to sometimes get stuck in 'Park'.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Presume that there must be a solenoid on the selector that is activated when you put your foot on the foot brake, I would imagine that this is activated by the stop light switch on the brake pedal, perhaps either the brake light switch, solenoid or wiring are defective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts