Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of checking the transmission fluid on my 2002 2.0 lx. It changes nicely but pulling away on a hill it judders slightly as if it's low on fluid.i can't see any way of checking ie no dip stick. And before anybody comments I know I'm a dipstick lol

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Yes you can and indeed should top up the fluid problem is as stated above you are supposed to use a computer to test the fluids temp and pressure to determine if it needs any totally stupid there is NO dipstick !!

Depends on what box you have as to how you fill it but the 4hp boxes sometimes have a fill plug at front where the dipstick should be the al4 type box you need to fill through the breather tube !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes you can and indeed should top up the fluid problem is as stated above you are supposed to use a computer to test the fluids temp and pressure to determine if it needs any totally stupid there is NO dipstick !!

Depends on what box you have as to how you fill it but the 4hp boxes sometimes have a fill plug at front where the dipstick should be the al4 type box you need to fill through the breather tube !
Cheers, don't suppose anybody has a diagram to show the position,don't want to go unscrewing the wrong thing.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4hp has a round wiring plug and a plate near the front with zf 4hp 20 22 25 or similar with a big cooler on top
AL4 has wires in a big block at rear with cooler on back edge

Its most likely an AL4 not sure this will work :)

https://citroenc3owners.com/resources/al4-citroen-c3-automatic-gearbox-oil-level-and-refilling-poi/567

Fill point is on top drain AND level are 1 plug and is best avoided unless you are sure about what your doing :)
Thanks I think I shall err on the side of caution on this one, so can the readings be done on a professional garage type unit or main dealer only?

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I normally stick 1/2 litre in them and if shift quality improves give them an oil change

If after 1/2 litre shift is still notchy and rough chances are its too late for the box.

Google renault DPO and peugeot AL4 its the same box and plenty info out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts