Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The auto adjust clutch cable in my 806 1.9TD seems to take up all the slack as there is no play in the peddle and thus no play at the gearbox lever. The release bearing must therefore be continually in contact with clutch fingers of the diaphragm spring. If this is the case surely the bearing would wear prematurely. Is there any way of introducing a little play in the peddle? or have I installed the auto adjust cable incorrectly? FYI I made sure both ends of cable were correctly attached before removing the release cup at the peddle end.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi reliable406 - that seems to be the case with these auto adjust cables. However a bearing under partial pressure spinning between 2000 and 3000rpm for 70,000 miles (assumed clutch life) concerns me. I would be interested to know if anyone reading this has had a problem with a release bearing failure/auto adjust cable?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Never had any problemswith them. I understand your concerns but I've had mine 7 years and an XM about 5 or 6 years before that and not had any problems. I think the biggest problem is drivers that sit in traffic, lights etc with their foot on the clutch thus keeping the bearing spinning under load!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For Peugeot 806/Citroen Synergie - Total revs in clutch/bearing lifetime say 70,000miles @ average 50(mph) x 60 Mins/hr x average 2500rpm = 210,000,000 revs.
Must be a bloody good sealed bearing to cope with all those revs as well as the bearing constantly in contact with the pressure plate - albeit a light pressure.
Hope my maths is correct.
Cheers Citrail - I'll trust your experience (I'm still nervous though)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts