Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have a 52 plate 1.6 lx auto, and something is bugging me.

When i put the box in the manual mode, I find it strange to push to go up the gears and pull to come back down the gears. Is there a way of reversing this.

I haven't look under the gate yet. Is the gear change machanism just two switches, that could be stitched around, or wired in a different configuration. Or is it a mechanical operation, and therefor virtually impossible?

It would just feel better, if i was accelerating that i pulled on the gear lever, and pushed it to decelerate.

Thank you for the help and advice.

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone.

I have a 52 plate 1.6 lx auto, and something is bugging me.

When i put the box in the manual mode, I find it strange to push to go up the gears and pull to come back down the gears. Is there a way of reversing this.

I haven't look under the gate yet. Is the gear change machanism just two switches, that could be stitched around, or wired in a different configuration. Or is it a mechanical operation, and therefor virtually impossible?

It would just feel better, if i was accelerating that i pulled on the gear lever, and pushed it to decelerate.

Thank you for the help and advice.

Dave
My manual mode doesn't work at all and I'd love to get to the bottom of it. There is a small magnet in the bottom of the shifter that moves closely next to a circuit board. Doesn't really look like you could flip it though. I'm going to try and replace this and hope it's my issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.