Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
My 2019 2008 also has the same system, installed V18 map yesterday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's annoying that you need to run the car for 40 minutes just to upgrade the map!

I'm not sure why the MyPeugeot site didn't tell me there was a new map when I entered my VIN - perhaps it only knows what I have via the Android app - which only seems to work intermittently!!

I tried to use the firmware file but without the licence it doesn't work. I have a licence file from last December but I don't know if that would work.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
You can safely update the maps while you drive the car - just remember to disable the stop / start system & make sure the maps have finished installing before switching off the engine.

Just press the back arrow once install starts & touch screen features will be available.
Press the green envelope at top right to check map install progress.

As for the firmware licence file, if you don't have Tom tom live traffic OR Peugeot connect / SOS fitted - then the vehicle just needs a wifi connection or to be tethered to your smart phone hot spot & it will automatically obtain the licence file.

Firmware needs to be done while stationary as the touchscreen goes in to downgraded operation mode while the firmware installs - none of the touchscreen functions will be available to the driver!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm not sure why the MyPeugeot site didn't tell me there was a new map when I entered my VIN - perhaps it only knows what I have via the Android app - which only seems to work intermittently!!
All the official methods used to verify updates share something - they don't work as expected. What you describe is common. And it has been like that since 2017, when the old french MyPeugeot personal page (https://mypeugeot.peugeot.fr/) was used to verify updates, then the MyPeugeot App (MYPEUGEOT APP - Apps on Google Play for Android or ‎MYPEUGEOT APP for iPhone), the Peugeot site - PEUGEOT Navigation Map Updates | Peugeot UK and now the Peugeot Update software (https://www.peugeot.fr/majesticinstaller/peugeot_update.exe for Windows or https://www.peugeot.fr/majesticinstaller/peugeot_update.dmg for macOS).

I tried to use the firmware file but without the licence it doesn't work. I have a licence file from last December but I don't know if that would work.
No, the licence is specific for the infotainment system serial number AND firmware update version, so you need a different one for each new update. But as Mr Lee wrote, you might not need the licence file in the flash drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Until last year I was a Citroen driver (for 8 years) and their systems seemed it little better. Unfortunately I have both TomTom and connect/SOS fitted so need a licence / license file - but strangely co-incidental I have a booking with Peugeot next Tuesday about a gas strut failure and I can ask them about the firmware update.

Thanks to all for your answers.

·
Registered
819 Posts
It's the other way around, if you have the TomTom connect/live services, you don't need the licence file in the flash drive - it's done automatically over that connection.

Citroën uses the same systems as Peugeot. In fact, their "Citroen Update" and MyCitroen app are just a word search and replace. Ditto for DS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks - yes with conected services I didn't need a licence file and it updated relatively quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts