Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Auto Transmission fault messages

I have a 2003 5 door 1.6 petrol 307, and I'm getting a few messages on PP2000 under the ATCU that I don't know how to fix and was wondering if anyone else out there knew what they meant and how to fix them.

1st is

Intermittent Fault. Slip (Clutch/. Brakes)

Second

Remote Permanent Fault. Injection throttle potentiometer (CAN) No signal.

Third one

Remote intermittent Fault. Vehicle speed transmitted by the ABS (CAN). No signal.

The car seems to be driving fine with no error warnings or lights, but I would like to try and fix these issues if possible

Many thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one got any suggestions on any of the messages?
I have searched around but couldn't seem to find anything.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
They may not be indications of a part giving trouble, but a problem in the multiplex signal path (CAN). The most likely cause is moisture/corrosion in the engine compartment fusebox and/or the passenger compartment fusebox (BSI).

The other thing you could try is a Peugeot BSi reboot procedure. Follow the instructions exactly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did wonder about that. Will there be any problems if I unplug the connectors in the engine compartment box and check for moisture?
Do I need to do anything before unplugging those connectors?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Before disconnecting anything important (ie. BSI/ECU components), give the car plenty of time to "go to sleep". The recommended time is 3 minutes, but I always give it enough time to put the kettle on and have a brew, a good 15 mins :D

It's worth following all precautions recommended for a BSI reset (highlighted below). Of course, you might not have to carry out a full reset, so you won't need to carry out the key fob button steps etc.

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I was wondering is do I need to disconnect the BSI and leave it disconnected before checking the connectors in the engine compartment box or do I just need to leave it 10 minutes after removing the key?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Best bet is to ensure that the car has sat untouched for the given amount of time (3 minutes or longer to be safe).

I'd pop the bonnet, close the doors, leave the windows open so you can still get in to the car in an "emergency", wait for the car to go to sleep, disconnect the battery, give it another few mins, then you "should" be OK to disconnect. It's always best to err on the side of caution with these matters....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll give that a go later this week and see if I still get the messages afterwards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts