Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have any ofyou guys that work on cars heard of any vauxhall astra j (the new shape one) alloy wheels failing? we had one at work this week where the inner part of the wheel blow out. its not yet known if they hit something to cause it but there are no marks on the tyre or anywhere else on the wheel. the wheel has been sent off to vauxhall and the tyre to bridgestone both to be inspected

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
nope, not heard of out...my mate owns a 10 plate, so not sure which letter of the alphabet astra he has. he would of told me if out like that happened :thumb:

might have had under pressure in tyres and hit a pothole....i keep getting damned nails and screws in my tyres.... beginning to piss me right off lol

anyways when you hear something back, let us know:thumb:

G

·
nope, not heard of out...my mate owns a 10 plate, so not sure which letter of the alphabet astra he has. he would of told me if out like that happened :thumb:

might have had under pressure in tyres and hit a pothole....i keep getting damned nails and screws in my tyres.... beginning to piss me right off lol

anyways when you hear something back, let us know:thumb:
The astra J is the newest, the one that looks like the latest model of Megane.

Mine is the H, the one you love looking at yourself in the chrome strips :)

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
ah right, fair does...its a funny story about my mates astra, he got it brand new from dealer, with ALL the optional extras. well anyways he got it just before last winter (with all the snow) yeah, the newness didnt last long in the moors...he forgot the handbrake and the car rolled away into a fence...its those fiddly electronic handbrakes..."put your foot on brake, your left testicle in the window to apply handbrake"

too many variants if you ask me :lol:

G

·
I know the Audi ones do, hence why you can't change rear pads without plugging in the computer :lol:

Would have thought others should aswell.... be a very straightforward bit of programming

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes the Vauxhall one is the only electronic hand brake that I've driven that doesn't automatically come on when you switch the engine off.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ah right, fair does...its a funny story about my mates astra, he got it brand new from dealer, with ALL the optional extras. well anyways he got it just before last winter (with all the snow) yeah, the newness didnt last long in the moors...he forgot the handbrake and the car rolled away into a fence...its those fiddly electronic handbrakes..."put your foot on brake, your left testicle in the window to apply handbrake"

too many variants if you ask me :lol:
not heard back about what caused the fail yet. but have heard that all new ones coming though now will have steel wheels??????????

as for handbrake ours have a manual handbrake fitted in stead of the crappy auto one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts